Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy S3 need help w/ APN settings for switching to Straight Talk

I have a G S III that was originally w/ t-mobile but the customer service help said I need to use the settings if it had been with AT&T???? That doesn't make sense to of the APN settings they gave me have worked. My husband has a GS II and in places where he has full coverage I have none w/ my GS III. Also my internet is extremely SLOW and I can not send or recieve pictures either. Can someone PLEASE give me the correct APN settings and any tips to speed up my internet ? THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE!

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 need help w/ APN settings for switching to Straight Talk

Did you try these from the website?:Support | Straight Talk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 need help w/ APN settings for switching to Straight Talk

Thanks for your response. I have tried several. All settings I have taken from the threads on here but there always seems to be some "glitch" that remains. I 'll try that one though. Do you know what actually makes the coverage better? I just don't understand why my husband has an S II & I have an sIII both with staright talk byo phone plan but side by side I have no bars & he has full coverage.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Tried that & I didn't have any internet access at all

This is what I put on my sgs3 and my wifes. Everything works and its fast.

Name: Straight Talk
    APN: att.mvno
    Proxy: <not set>
    Port: <not set>
    MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.33
    MMS Port: 80
    APN Type: default,supl,mms,hipri
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thank you SO MUCH. I'll try it. Did you leave everything else blank? What do you have for the following?
    So far I have:
    APN: mvno
    Proxy: not set
    Port: not set
    Username: not set
    Password: not set
    Server: Not Set
    MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS port: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    Authentication type: not set
    APN type: default,supl,mms,hipri (with NO SPACES right?)
    APN protocol: IPv4
    Enable/disable APN: (this is set to APN enabled) it's in gray and can not be changed
    Bearer: Unspecified

THANKS AGAIN FOR TAKING THE TIME & ALL YOUR HELP
    Thanked by:

how do you start the settings?what do you use,the mobile you want to set or from a difrent garget?
    Thanked by:

Any update on this topic... Are your phones unlocked?

Here are the settings I use on my T-Mo One S on Straight Talk:

APN: wap.tracfone
    Proxy: Not set
    Port: 8080
    Username: Not set
    Password: Not set
    Server: Not set
    MMSC: http://mms.tracfone.com
    MMS proxy: Not set
    MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
    MNC: 260
    Authentication type: Not set
    APN type: default,supl,mms

In addition I have an MMS APN set up:

Name: Straight Talk MMS
    MMSC: http://mms.tracfone.com
    MMS proxy: 216.155.165.40
    MMS port: 8080
    MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
    MNC: 260
    APN type: mms

Hope this helps.
    Be nice. Until it's time to not be nice. - Dalton, Road House

@ wickedcontra. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! My gf was really upset, as she should have been that her phone wasn't working. A brand new unlocked GS3 from Best Buy. The settings that straight talk provided worked for about a month, and then just stopped. I've been fighting with this for almost a month now. Again, thanks.

Awesome, im glad it works for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

So what's hipri for and will it work with/add anything to my ST T-mo settings?

Sent from my HTC One S using Android Central Forums
    Be nice. Until it's time to not be nice. - Dalton, Road House

@wickedcontra

THANK YOU!!!! Got my phone to work with these settings as well...tried another from youtube...it didn't work. SOOOO happy!!!

my galaxy s3 from t-mobile doesnt work even after i do all the setting changes. do you one for that??

@Blaize19.....ur settings work gr8t. They are the same that is sent w/instructions on how to setup the SIM card.
    I did input those settings but since I didnt read the manual 4 the S3 I assumed it auto saved upon exiting. some of the settings I inputed wasnt there DUH!!!
    So all day 2day I couldnt do nething but call and basic txt. No S Voice, no pic txting, no internet, no navigation, ONLY NETWORK errors.
    I love GOOGLE......................it found this site.
    Love my S3 to and I'm a newbie to it
    Thanked by:

these settings doesnt work for me on my s3

Hey i have all those settings in my straighttalk samsung galaxy s3. it was an att phone but i cannot get the original att settings to delete so it will work off of the straighttalk settings. any idea how to do that?

you can't delete them as far as I know. Just create a new APN and make sure you save it. Then switch to it.

Im glad it has work for some of you. im still with straight talk using the same settings using sgs3. make sure there are no spaces in the last row.

This is what I use on my Galaxy s3 Straight Talk At&t sim
    Name
    Straight Talk ATT
    APN
    att.mvno
    Proxy
    not set
    Port
    not set
    username
    not set
    Password
    not set
    Server
    not set
    MMSC
    http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS proxy
    MMS Port
    MCC
    MNC
    Authentication type
    PAP or CHAP
    APN type
    default,supl,mms,hipri
    APN prtocol
    IPv4
    APN roaming protocol
    IPv4
    APN enable/disable this should be lighter and already checked.you shouldn't be able to alter it
    Bearer
    unspecified
    using these settings I am getting 5.5 dn and 1.25 up

I bought S3 from US..Verizon one...I unlocked it since I wanted to use it in India as GSM phone..Mobile is working fine except internet ....it works with wi-fi but not mobile internet...
    When I tried APN setting, it does not show any option to add "New APN". This does not allow me to use mobile internet
    Can you please help me out

Hi . I have a sgs3 . I am currently with at&t. I am wanting to switch to straight talk. Can someone
    Tell me do I need a regular sim card or a micro sim card. And where do I find the apn to type eveything in?
    Thank you in advance. I have a sim card that came wi th my phone do I still need to purchase another sim or a micro..
    I just checked, I have a micro sim. I have at&t but wanting to swich to straight talk. Since I already have an at&t micro do I have to purchase a different micro or a sim to go to straight talk? Sorry about all the talk just checking everything so I wont have to write back. Thank you in advance again.
    Last edited by Tina Williamson Negri; 07-02-2013 at 01:59 PM.

i have a samsung g3 with tmobile. at the time straight talk wasnt selling the tmobile sim card. so i had to buy a att card and gt it cut to a micro sim card. can SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME with my apn settings. its been working great until the other day.

I just bought a sgs3 unlocked from fingerhut & have tried all the different APN's mentioned here and none have got me 3g or 4g. Anyone ever got an unlocked out the box sgs3 APN to work on Straight Talk? I have an at&t sgs2 I've been using on straight talk with no problems for a year now, tried the same settings under APN for s3 & doesn't work either! Anyone with any suggestions of what else I can try I'd appreciate it, I hate I can't use this phone's net or mms without wi-fi.
    Thanks all!

After searching this site more I finally found APN settings that work & wanted to share in case anyone else runs into same prob I did! Heres the posting I found,

southside russell
    Straight talk apn settings for at&t samsung galaxy s3
    After renewing my monthly service my internet and mms stopped working with the apn settings i previously had. I sat arguing with ST reps for a couple hours and finally i was able to get new apn settings that have fixed the internet and mms issues. The apn setting are as shown below.

go to apn and create new apn. and enter

Name:Straight Talk
    Apn:tfdata
    skip down to Mmsc
    Mmsc:http://mms-tf.net
    Mms proxy:mms3.tracfone.com
    Mms port:80

leave everything else alone hit menu and save. back out and go to home and may need to restart. should be working for you now.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast