Samsung Galaxy S3 Screen Flashing Blue

zuperbri

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Occasionally when I press the unlock button when the screen has been turned off the screen will quickly flash a solid blue colour, similar to the blue when a PC blue-screens. After the screen flashes blue it returns to normal. Has anyone else experienced this or know what it may be? I'm worried it is a manufacturer fault and that the screen is going to die soon.

Thanks!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I've never heard of that or seen that problem listed in the forum before. Do you have the brightness turned all the way up, by any chance? Has it just started doing this? You may want to try a Factory Reset to eliminate any software that you've loaded from the picture - if it still happens after that then it sounds like it's time for a replacement.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

zuperbri

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I am using ADW Launcher EX. I can't be entirely sure when it started to happen and it is quite irregular, maybe happens once every few days. I also have the brightness set to auto, I can't imagine that would cause this.
Perhaps I will try a factory reset and see if this helps, I just don't wanna :(

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Before a factory reset, I'd try going back to the stock launcher for a bit and see what happens. Although I realize that might be almost as painful as a factory reset. :)

zuperbri

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I have been using ADW Launcher EX so no, we aren't using the same but perhaps it could be possible that both of the launchers are causing issues. I've only just switched back to Touchwiz so I'll monitor it over the next week and reply with my findings.

zuperbri

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Update: screen flashing blue still happened with the removal of launchers. I've now performed a factory reset ( >_< ) and will monitor how this goes and reply.

trunks527

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
I was recently at my local best buy chatting up the phone tech. He claims there are lots of problems with the s3 flashing a color when unlocking or sometimes when pressing a screen. Sounds like a hardware issue. Hope you guys get it worked out.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Sounds to me like a Best Buy "tech" who's knowledge of the phone comes from rumors and teenage angst. In other words, the typical BB employee, who can barely manage to work their time card system, and can't manage to work their internal ordering system without help.

Look through the forums here, or at Phandroid, or XDA. How many people with this issue do you see? So far, I've seen the two people in this post, and no others. Sounds like a real wide-spread problem all right.

trunks527

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Sounds to me like a Best Buy "tech" who's knowledge of the phone comes from rumors and teenage angst. In other words, the typical BB employee, who can barely manage to work their time card system, and can't manage to work their internal ordering system without help.

Look through the forums here, or at Phandroid, or XDA. How many people with this issue do you see? So far, I've seen the two people in this post, and no others. Sounds like a real wide-spread problem all right.

No one said it was wide spread. Just saying it was happening in the area. Millions of devices were sold so it's a small percentage. Sorry you have to be rude about it.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
No one said it was wide spread. Just saying it was happening in the area. Millions of devices were sold so it's a small percentage. Sorry you have to be rude about it.

Your words: "He claims there are lots of problems with the s3 flashing a color when unlocking" Two or three people does not equal "lots of problems. At worst, it seems to be an incredibly isolated issue. There's no evidence to justify the word "lots."

Not being rude, just trying to introduce evidence instead of hearsay. Oh, if you mean my comments about the BB techs, then I suppose that might be rude, but based on my experiences it's also pretty accurate. Last time I tried to order something in store it took three of them to figure out how to do it. The first gave up, called his supervisor, who also couldn't figure it out, and had to call a manager. And this at a best buy with the new store format, and "improved" customer service.

trunks527

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Your words: "He claims there are lots of problems with the s3 flashing a color when unlocking" Two or three people does not equal "lots of problems. At worst, it seems to be an incredibly isolated issue. There's no evidence to justify the word "lots."

Not being rude, just trying to introduce evidence instead of hearsay. Oh, if you mean my comments about the BB techs, then I suppose that might be rude, but based on my experiences it's also pretty accurate. Last time I tried to order something in store it took three of them to figure out how to do it. The first gave up, called his supervisor, who also couldn't figure it out, and had to call a manager. And this at a best buy with the new store format, and "improved" customer service.

Lots depending on where I'm located. But take it as you will. No point in arguing on the Internet.

zuperbri

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
It has been almost 2 weeks since I have performed the factory reset and my screen has not flashed blue since. I guess that it may have been caused by an incompatibility with an app I was using with the android OS. Unfortunately I do not know which one.

jahnootoko

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I took my Galaxy S3 to service center under warranty to repair the mic. They fixed the mic but now I am seeing the blue screen too when I unlock...

Any idea what may be the problem?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18