Transfer Video from Samsung Galaxy S3 to my computer

kurajo

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Here is what I have found to get around the issue if you are storing your videos on an SD card. Keep your phone connected to computer via USB connected as a camera. Go into settings of the phone and choose to unmount SD card. Then mount it. Videos will now appear. Obviouisly there are some issues with the connection software. But this works for me every time.

Pam Jackson

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Thank you, Samantha Johnston! Your solution was an easy fix to the problem!

Here is what Samantha said: I think you may just have to change your usb option on the phone so it is connected as a media device rather than a camera, then you will see the video files as well as photos in the folder. I just had the same issue and that seemed to solve it. Use the top pull down menu and click where it says 'ongoing..connected as ...touch for other usb options'.

Jenfur8

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I have been racking my brain on this problem. A few months ago I could see my videos, then all of a sudden I couldn't!!
I do remember changing my USB option to camera (can't remember why), so it was that simple...changing it back to media! And now I can see them!
Thanks again!!

aligulya

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone! I am a new here. I have problem with viewing of videos which were uploaded from my Samsung Galaxy S3. Just like was said here it uploaded toooo many icons and pics that I don't need. But it is ok I have deleted them (took 1 hour). I have another issue: my all videos which I have downloaded from my phone to PC don't play a video but only I can here the voices. I tired to open through Winamp, Medai player, Real player....doesn't work!!!. There were very important videos....I was SO UPSET!!!! Could you please give me an advice what to do?
I'd really appreciate it. Thanks. Ali.

RMFV

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
How can I copy an mp4 file from my phone to another medium, CD or my PC, for others to view? When I select the file from the ext memory on my phone it transfers files to a location deep into my profile on the C:\ and then plays the video. If I copy that same *.mp4 any place else it won't play.

marine6082

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Here's where I found my videos today after trying it out on the phone for the first time: <plugging in the phone, of course, via usb> Computer > SCH-I535 > Phone >DCIM > Camera. The video is found with my .jpg's, in the same folder (camera), but with an mp4 extension.

maria12345

May 5, 2013
Visit site
downlaod realplayer it will become your itunes for your phone galaxy s3 and yes i to have memery card 64 my videos keep dying pissing me off also i delet but there are still there,so all u do to get anything from your pc your photos,music,videos frm your realplayer,gdluck

Digital Beachbum

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I have a Samsung Note2 and I was having the same problem. When I connected my phone to the PC I could not see the MP4 files. Only JPG.
When you connect the USB use the pull down from the top and look for the "Connected as..."

If you are having the problem with the "seeing video files" then switch from PTP to MTP.
This solved my entire problem. I can now see all my files.

Also, the WiFi file transfer applications work fine too if you don't want to change from PTP to MTP.
They will see all the files as JPG or MP4 and allow you to copy or delete as needed.

jimnyc

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Changing the USB option resolves the problem.

I think you may just have to change your usb option on the phone so it is connected as a media device rather than a camera, then you will see the video files as well as photos in the folder. I just had the same issue and that seemed to solve it. Use the top pull down menu and click where it says 'ongoing..connected as ...touch for other usb options'.

efthiscrap34

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the world of GS3 garbage! Guess what? The videos you recorded on your GS3 will NEVER play on your computer no matter what program you use to open them. Samsung knows that they use a different version of mp4 that is proprietary and they are not letting you have the codec for your computer. You can search the whole web, spend hours tearing your hair out, and you end up with soundtracks ONLY when you try to play GS3 videos back on any platform other than Samsung's. Great, huh? It will only get worse, in the future, until someone shoves it up Samsung's rear by coming up with the proper codec and/or converter.

Sol_Gui

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
When you plug the USB cable in S3 - emerges a configuration screen USB Connection PC.

Enable the option to "Media Device (MTP)" and the videos appear.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan