Galaxy S3 issues or is it me?

gummiegram

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I have had the phone for several months and have more than a few "issues" with it. What I would like to ask, though, is what takes it so long to fully power on. I get a several minute (it seems) lite 4G display over and over. Is it because I have quite a few apps on the phone or is it just the phone.

And a general question, I have been told when I had my fingerprints taken that I have bad ridges -- meaning that they are not deep. Could that be the reason why the phone doesn't respond to my touches and swipes. Or, again, is it just the phone?

This phone has almost become a projectile more than once:(

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I have had the phone for several months and have more than a few "issues" with it. What I would like to ask, though, is what takes it so long to fully power on. I get a several minute (it seems) lite 4G display over and over. Is it because I have quite a few apps on the phone or is it just the phone.

And a general question, I have been told when I had my fingerprints taken that I have bad ridges -- meaning that they are not deep. Could that be the reason why the phone doesn't respond to my touches and swipes. Or, again, is it just the phone?

This phone has almost become a projectile more than once:(

Had my phone for seven months now. It takes less than a minute to fully power up from an OFF state. How many apps is "quite a few"? Do you have a lot of widgets? Do you have a lot of apps that push/pull data automatically? Are you in a lousy cell coverage area? Have you sideloaded any apps from questionable sources?

Also, have you updated the OS at all from ICS to JB? If so, did this behavior start after the update or before?

I hate to suggest a factory reset, but it would probably help. Once reset, only install a few apps (like 5) and use the phone for a few days. Then install five more and use it for a few days. Do this until you start seeing the BS behavior again and you'll know what batch of five apps that the likely culprit is in.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Let me ask another question: It sounds like you (the OP) turn the phone off regularly. I wonder why? I don't think I ever shut my phone down and leave it off. I'll reboot it maybe a couple of times a month for some particular reason, but there's really no need to routinely turn it off, IMHO.

I don't think bad ridges would affect how the touchscreen responds. One thing that definitely does, in my experience, is dry skin. If that's a problem for you, try using a good hand lotion at night (when you're not going to get greasy fingerprints all over the phone).

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Gummy Bear (I like those better than Gummy Grams :),
I'll have to vote with Ken on this one - you should do a Factory Reset and then see how it behaves.
Of course, you may actually want to time it first - from a complete off state, mine took less than a minute to fully power on, establish a mobile data connection and a WiFi connection and let me enter my pattern.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463