Play Music Issue

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I know that this is a new question. My son recently converted from an i4. Lately, it seems that he gets a message that he needs to be logged into the Internet via our carrier network to listen to his music. I would have thought that the songs and albums would be stored on the GS3. Please help.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S III Handheld Device

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I know that this is a new question. My son recently converted from an i4. Lately, it seems that he gets a message that he needs to be logged into the Internet via our carrier network to listen to his music. I would have thought that the songs and albums would be stored on the GS3. Please help.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S III Handheld Device

That would be the case if he uses music provided via a cloud service like Google play and that requires a data connection. Unless he has them pinned to work offline. If he has music on the home computer just drag the music from the PC to the device

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You don't say what app he's using to play the music, or what the source is (iTunes?), but at a minimum even if his music is all stored in the cloud it should at least allow him to use a WiFi connection rather than a mobile data connection.
As the previous poster noted, depending on the music app he's using, he can pin songs/albums/playlists to the phone - once he does that he can listen to the music without any type of data connection. Or, depending on the source, he can just copy the content directly to the phone/SDCard and listen without any type of data connection.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
How is the music pinned to the device on the Play Music app?

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet