S3 can't boot into recovery mode, need help asap

ffss

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, I'm a bit nervous right now. I successfully rooted my Galaxy S3 i9305 a few hours ago. I tried installing a custom rom after choosing the Wipe Data / Factory Reset option from the CWM screen, and then I did Wipe Cache Partition. I tried installing the rom but it failed so it was aborted. I then rebooted my device and it loaded up the stock rom (as you would buy it new, asking me to enter details etc)..After I set it all up I installed Rom Manager and clicked Reboot To Recovery from the app, once it rebooted it was stuck on the Samsung boot logo, and now it's always doing that. I cannot enter recovery mode at all, I can only access ODIN mode. Once I enter ODIN mode my phone isn't detected by the Odin program.

Can someone please help me as I'm quite worried. Eagerly awaiting your responses! Thanks man.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys, I'm a bit nervous right now. I successfully rooted my Galaxy S3 i9305 a few hours ago. I tried installing a custom rom after choosing the Wipe Data / Factory Reset option from the CWM screen, and then I did Wipe Cache Partition. I tried installing the rom but it failed so it was aborted. I then rebooted my device and it loaded up the stock rom (as you would buy it new, asking me to enter details etc)..After I set it all up I installed Rom Manager and clicked Reboot To Recovery from the app, once it rebooted it was stuck on the Samsung boot logo, and now it's always doing that. I cannot enter recovery mode at all, I can only access ODIN mode. Once I enter ODIN mode my phone isn't detected by the Odin program.

Can someone please help me as I'm quite worried. Eagerly awaiting your responses! Thanks man.

Stop worrying , i never suggest using Rom manager first off.... to get odin to work try rebooting your pc and using a different USB port. let me know if it works

ffss

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks man. Odin is working now. I just installed Foxhound ROM via CWM Recovery, after installing it it still gets stuck on the S3 boot screen. I'll wait for your advice.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks man. Odin is working now. I just installed Foxhound ROM via CWM Recovery, after installing it it still gets stuck on the S3 boot screen. I'll wait for your advice.
I dont have your device, so help me out by giving me the link to where you got this rom

ffss

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
It was T-Mobile but I unlocked it and am on O2.

I cannot access CWM recovery anymore, even when flashing it again. Once it gets PASS on Odin my phone reboots and gets stuck on the boot screen. This wasn't happening before I flashed using Foxhound rom.

Is there anything similar to CWM that I can try flashing? Can I try flashing a rom directly via Odin? Like the stock rom or something?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
It was T-Mobile but I unlocked it and am on O2.

I cannot access CWM recovery anymore, even when flashing it again. Once it gets PASS on Odin my phone reboots and gets stuck on the boot screen. This wasn't happening before I flashed using Foxhound rom.

Is there anything similar to CWM that I can try flashing? Can I try flashing a rom directly via Odin? Like the stock rom or something?

close odin, reopen it then uncheck auto reboot, when recovery is done flashing, disconnect remove the battery and use the button combo to boot into recovery..... did you make a nandroid backup before you flashed?

ffss

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
It still gets stuck on the boot screen. Which ROM shall I try flashing?

Yes I did make a nandroid backup. Where is that backup and how shall I restore it?

ffss

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm using the one here: [CWM][GT-I9305] CF-ROOT CWM Recovery Ported + SuperSu + BusyBox - xda-developers

I just restored my backup. It gets passed the boot screen but now gets stuck randomly on the moving logo (that blue beam that wizzes around the Samsung text). It's as if something in my backup is corrupt and so it makes my phone get stuck.

Do you think I should try flashing the stock rom? Where can I download it from? Thanks for the help by the way.

ffss

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey dude it's working now! I'm in. What shall I do now to keep everything safe? I want to install the Omega rom. Shall I do anything before I flash that rom?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the one here: [CWM][GT-I9305] CF-ROOT CWM Recovery Ported + SuperSu + BusyBox - xda-developers

I just restored my backup. It gets passed the boot screen but now gets stuck randomly on the moving logo (that blue beam that wizzes around the Samsung text). It's as if something in my backup is corrupt and so it makes my phone get stuck.

Do you think I should try flashing the stock rom? Where can I download it from? Thanks for the help by the way.
The problem is that if you flash an odin stock rom you will need to unlock the phone again..
try using the cwm i posted and let me know if it works any better

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey dude it's working now! I'm in. What shall I do now to keep everything safe? I want to install the Omega rom. Shall I do anything before I flash that rom?
download goo manager from the market, open it , hit menu button, then choose install openrecoveryscript. boot into recover and do a new Nandroid backup

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers