Kindle questions

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I want to put shortcuts to individual Kindle books on my home screen. I want to be able to tap on the shortcut (or even bookmark) and that opens that specific book to the place I left off--just as it does in the Kindle app.

Any way to do this? I'm willing to use a third-party app such as Tasker, if necessary, but if I could do it without having to learn a new app, so much the better.

Sent from my unrooted 32 GB Polish Samsung Galaxy GT I9300 running 4.1.2.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I happen to use Nova Launcher and it allows you to create shortcuts to specific books - unfortunately, it looks like it only does that for the Google Books app (I also have the Kindle and Nook apps installed but neither of them show up in the list). Sorry.
I don't know what stock TouchWiz allows.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. If I can't figure this out with apex, I'll go back to nova, although... That won't help because I use Kindle... Oy.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You may just want to send a support email to the Apex launcher folks asking about this, and requesting them to add support if you're not just missing something.
I'm a Nova Prime user so I'll do the same with them and see what they have to say.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Looks like it's a problem with the Kindle app - here's what I got back from the Nova Launcher developer:
"Nova Launcher supports making shortcuts to any app that exposes shortcut functionality to launchers. If the Kindle and Nook apps do not expose this then Nova cannot change that."
Edit: so I guess you're out of luck - time to contact the Kindle app development team.

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Good idea. I'll do that right now and report back. Thanks.

In their reply, the Apex Launcher tech said Kindle doesn't MEW AND U let launchers do this.

Next stop: KINDLE.

Last edited: