Quick AC Charger from T-Mobile
My friend just purchased an AC charger for his T-Mobile Galaxy S2 and the sale person said it would charge quicker than a normal charger.
I tried it yesterday and it was very quick. When I plugged in my S3 it was at 35% and I can swear in was up to 45% in about 10 minutes.
Are these high speed chargers good for your battery?
Thanks for your comments.
- 02-18-2013, 07:05 PM #2
Re: Quick AC Charger from T-Mobile
Well, there's one member here who claims to have tested the S3 and found it won't charge at a rate of greater than 800mA no matter what charger you plug it in to.
Let's do some calculations: The stock battery in an s3 is 2100 mA. So 35% would leave you at about 735 mA. 45% gives you about 945. That's a gain of 210 mA in 10 minutes, which implies a charge rate of about 1260 mA. So you might want to double check your measurements more carefully.
But assuming your measurement is correct, I think that as long as the battery doesn't really heat up while charging, you're probably OK.
- By JohnnyBeGood in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 7Last Post: 06-04-2010, 03:31 PM
- By HoldFastHope in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 18Last Post: 06-01-2010, 06:13 PM
- By tracerit in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 3Last Post: 05-19-2010, 05:37 PM
- By hawkfrost in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 11Last Post: 05-06-2010, 10:33 AM
- By markyo2009 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 11-24-2009, 09:26 PM