Problems Connecting to internet via wifi

TKNY85

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I was wondering if anybody can help me.

I currently own a Samsung Galaxy S3 on Orange network (In the UK), with jelly bean version 4.1.2 loaded on it. Whenever I try to connect to my home network, which is with Virgin Media it can connect onto the router but not on to the internet. The setting on the router are okay as the 2 laptops and another Samsung Galaxy S3 are connecting to the router without a problem.

I've restarted the router a number of times and had no luck. I did a full factory reset and install on my phone and nothing. I rest all settings and re-configured the setting on my router and nothing. I also turned the power save option off on the wifi settings via (*#0011#), and my phone has been reset a number of times and nothing. I did check for any viruses and the phone is clean.

I had tested my phone on a number of other wireless networks at work and on a couple of home networks (including another Virgin Media connection, with the same router) and connected to the network and internet without a problem. Is there anybody that can help or other ideas on what I can do to resolve this problem/matter.

Thanks on your time and help.

TKNY85

Last edited:

MHH779

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Did you try to reset your router?
You may also cakm your Internet service provider...

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 (GT-7100)

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure that you don't have something like MAC address filtering turned on in the router settings?
You're sure that there are enough IP addresses available for all the devices that are trying to connect?
Are you using DHCP or static IP addresses?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I'd also try changing your authentication password temporarily to something very simple and all lower case. Is your router using WPA2? What is your specific authentication method?

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
He says he can connect to the router, but not through to the internet. So I doubt it's a password issue.

True but... I've face more than a few pesky routers who give you the appearance of connecting, but fail to fully complete the back end auth. Just trying to eliminate possibles.