1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Receiving Blurry MMS Messages

Whenever I receive pictures from friends and family, the pictures are blurry and hard to make out. However, when I ask them to email the picture(s) to me, it's perfectly clear. I'm assuming my phone is compressing the images.

So the question is: how do I get rid of this to preserve the full resolution of the images that are being sent to me?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Receiving Blurry MMS Messages

Any help?

Whoever is sending the pic through MMS probably is using a third party app that reduces the resolution when sent. Might be why the resolution is better when emailed

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I doubt it. I've been getting pictures from iPhone users (4, 4S, and 5) that are all the same quality.

Quote Originally Posted by tyyler View Post
    I doubt it. I've been getting pictures from iPhone users (4, 4S, and 5) that are all the same quality.
    Hmm. I wish I knew more.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by tyyler View Post
    There is part of your answer. 80% that the issue is not with your or your phone, but with your friend. If a MMS from an iPhone is clear, but a MMS from whatever phone your friend has is not, then it has to be an issue with your friend. He is either compressing them when sending it (the recipient does not compress the files, the sender does), or something is happening in the process of him sending you photos.

.:edit:.

Now that I reread one of your comments, I can't tell if you're saying the picture quality on iPhones are the same as in good, or same as in bad like your MMS.

How are you viewing your photos. Directly in the SMS app? Third party app? You may have to download the picture to your phone and then view it.