Does anyone use Viber? Need a little help...

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I pretty much love my 4G Galaxy S3. Aside from a couple of issues here and there it's been great so far for my first Android device.

My problem is with Viber messenger. I use Samsungs "Blocking Mode" feature on a schedule. For those unfamiliar it's basically like the Do Not Disturb feature on iphone wherein all notifications and alerts are silenced except for people you allow on your allow list. This works extremely well in keeping my phone quiet at night.

My problem is Viber seems to be "immune" to blocking mode. No matter what I do I can't seem to stop the alerts going off even when Blocking Mode is scheduled to be on. All the other apps get silenced except for this one. I've tried looking online and it doesn't seem to be a widespread issue. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. Has anyone else experienced this?? Any help would be appreciated. I don't wanna let it go because I use it to keep in contact with some friends in another country and this saves us a lot of money for our communication.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
There is no solution.
As in, you've tried several 3rd party sound/notification management apps and none of them made any difference? It would be useful if you provided a list of the ones you've tried so that everyone would know which ones to skip.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol