Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Video too large to send

I am trying to send a video via MMS. I have tried using vidclip to compress it and even when it says it is down to 2.1 MB it isnt able to send, still says too large to send. I am so frustrated. Is there any way to compress an already saved video to send via MMS?

Default Re: Video too large to send

When taking a video there is an option to convert the video for MMS while you take the video.. It makes the quality crap but that's what the carriers want.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

yeah I saw that...but is there any way to change it once its been recorded? or any other way to send it?

Attach to an email.

Most carriers limit the size of MMS attachments. AT&T for example limits theirs to 600KB.
    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

^ What he said
    I think Verizon limits it to 1MB. You could try breaking it into multiple pieces and sending it that way, but MMS just wasn't intended for that. Heck, I think the limit for Gmail is 20MB, which isn't that great either.
    Your best bet may be to store it on Dropbox and just put the link in your SMS.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    ^ What he said
    I think Verizon limits it to 1MB. You could try breaking it into multiple pieces and sending it that way, but MMS just wasn't intended for that. Heck, I think the limit for Gmail is 20MB, which isn't that great either.
    Your best bet may be to store it on Dropbox and just put the link in your SMS.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    Or if you host it to Google drive you can email it. Either one of these ways work.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.

Everyone who posted prior to me is correct. Your options are to send it via attachment in a email, upload to a cloud/online storage as dropbox, box, skydrive and give them a dowload link, or convert the video to a smaller size on a computer and try again.