new S3 owner with a few little annoyances...

fotyc

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I've had my phone for two weeks and have had good luck figuring it out, or finding answers on various Android forums if I couldn't figure it out on my own... I have two small annoyances that I have not yet found the answer for in all my searching.

Vibration on incoming: If I understand correctly what I've found via searching, the phone won't vibrate in Vibrate mode unless I have vibration turned on for all notifications all the time, but it WILL vibrate in Silent mode. I think this is weirdly illogical so I thought I'd ask before deciding that is the answer. I don't want vibration on notifications UNLESS I go into a meeting or appointment where I want everything to just vibrate, so I assumed Vibrate mode would make the phone Vibrate. Silly me. Am I right that I have to use Silent mode for this? :confused:

Phone call volume: The speaker is a little loud in my ear and I wanted to turn down the volume - but it seems like if I press the volume buttons on the side of the phone while I am in a call, it doesn't reduce the volume in my ear but it reduces the volume of what the other person hears, so that they thought they'd dropped the call until I frantically pressed the volume-up button again. What did I do wrong? On my previous phone (Blackberry) if I pressed the volume buttons on the side of the phone during a call, they affected the volume in the speaker to my ear.

That's it for now. It's being a fun phone to have, I'm just trying to smooth out the rough edges... Thanks!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
1. Can't help you there - I use the vibrate feature in conjunction with an audio notification and that works fine; I haven't bothered with just vibrate only.
2. Not sure why you're experiencing that - I use the volume rocker on the side of the phone all the time during conversations, and it increases/decreases the volume of the caller (what I hear) like you'd expect it to.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

WAWood8

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Vibration: I believe there is a setting where, if you set the phone on its face on a flat surface, it automatically goes to Vibration only. You should look into that.

Call volume: the rocker switch only turns down the volume I hear during calls, not the volume the caller hears.

Don't have a rooted phone, using stock 4.1.1.