Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By meyerweb
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S3: Is there a way to calibrate the touch screen?

When I type on the S3 in vertical mode, whenever I tried to type the period "." sign, it hits the enter key, the m key, the space bar, or even the back space key instead. And it gets highly frustrating when I want to type "....".

So my question is, is there by any chance a way to calibrate the touch screen please? (*Not the motion calibration or gyroscope calibration, but the touch screen itself)

Thanks!

Default Re: Is there a way to calibrate the touch screen?

Go to settings, display and it should show up with G Sensor Calibration. Follow the instructions on screen and it should fix your issues.

Hopefully he doesn't have a Verizon flavor - there's no such setting on my phone.
    OP, I'm not aware of anything like that on this phone (I think my old HTC Incredible had a setting like that). If your screen is that far off you may have to get a replacement. Is this a new problem, or something that you've just ignored since you got the phone? If you're still within the 14 day period you should be able to exchange it for a brand new phone.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by techjunkie92 View Post
    Go to settings, display and it should show up with G Sensor Calibration. Follow the instructions on screen and it should fix your issues.
    On the current release of Android it's not under Display. Go to Settings / Motion / Sensitivity settings / Gyroscope calibration.

But I'm not sure that will address the OP's issue. Can't hurt to try, though.

This worked for me. Thanks

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

Thumbs down Re: Is there a way to calibrate the touch screen?

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    On the current release of Android it's not under Display. Go to Settings / Motion / Sensitivity settings / Gyroscope calibration.

But I'm not sure that will address the OP's issue. Can't hurt to try, though.

Strange I'm on 4.3 haven't used it an a while but can't find it now either. Looked there and everywhere else. Thank god I'm not having issues....

I wrote that long before 4.3. Let's see if I can find it now...... Nope, don't see it anywhere.
    dfdesign likes this.

I'm currently also having minor but infuriating touch screen calibration issues using my galaxy note 2, but I only seem to notice it while using dolphin browser, so this might be a different issue. However, I also have not been able to find a way to recalibrate the screen in 4.3. Is it just not there? I'd like to try that before I start exploring the possibility that dolphin browser is actually causing the problem.

I haven't seen a calibrate option anywhere, not even on Jellybean. The gyroscope calibration discusses in earlier posts doesn't affect the screen at all.