Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By meyerweb
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S3: Is there a way to calibrate the touch screen?

When I type on the S3 in vertical mode, whenever I tried to type the period "." sign, it hits the enter key, the m key, the space bar, or even the back space key instead. And it gets highly frustrating when I want to type "....".

So my question is, is there by any chance a way to calibrate the touch screen please? (*Not the motion calibration or gyroscope calibration, but the touch screen itself)

Thanks!
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-11-2014 at 06:13 AM.

Default Re: Is there a way to calibrate the touch screen?

Go to settings, display and it should show up with G Sensor Calibration. Follow the instructions on screen and it should fix your issues.

Hopefully he doesn't have a Verizon flavor - there's no such setting on my phone.
    OP, I'm not aware of anything like that on this phone (I think my old HTC Incredible had a setting like that). If your screen is that far off you may have to get a replacement. Is this a new problem, or something that you've just ignored since you got the phone? If you're still within the 14 day period you should be able to exchange it for a brand new phone.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by techjunkie92 View Post
    Go to settings, display and it should show up with G Sensor Calibration. Follow the instructions on screen and it should fix your issues.
    On the current release of Android it's not under Display. Go to Settings / Motion / Sensitivity settings / Gyroscope calibration.

But I'm not sure that will address the OP's issue. Can't hurt to try, though.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

This worked for me. Thanks

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Thumbs down Re: Is there a way to calibrate the touch screen?

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    On the current release of Android it's not under Display. Go to Settings / Motion / Sensitivity settings / Gyroscope calibration.

But I'm not sure that will address the OP's issue. Can't hurt to try, though.

Strange I'm on 4.3 haven't used it an a while but can't find it now either. Looked there and everywhere else. Thank god I'm not having issues....

I wrote that long before 4.3. Let's see if I can find it now...... Nope, don't see it anywhere.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
    Thanked by:
    dfdesign likes this.

I'm currently also having minor but infuriating touch screen calibration issues using my galaxy note 2, but I only seem to notice it while using dolphin browser, so this might be a different issue. However, I also have not been able to find a way to recalibrate the screen in 4.3. Is it just not there? I'd like to try that before I start exploring the possibility that dolphin browser is actually causing the problem.

I haven't seen a calibrate option anywhere, not even on Jellybean. The gyroscope calibration discusses in earlier posts doesn't affect the screen at all.