Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GSDer
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Phone rings through phone speaker instead of earbuds

I have the S3 and I listen to music via the stock or Double Twist using my Bose earbuds. Why is it that when I receive a phone call it rings through the speaker via the phone and not the earbuds and how can I change it so it rings through the earbuds?

Default Re: Phone rings through phone speaker instead of earbuds

Try this,
    put ur phones ringtone on vibrate
    play some music with earbuds in
    then launch an app that uses sound such as Temple Run 2 or Temple Run or 4 Pics 1 Word Basically anything with sound going on

tell me if you hear your music coming out of the speaker and not the earbuds

Do your Bose headphones have a microphone? If they do, they should be recognized as a device capable of answering calls, in which case the notification should come through the earbuds - if they don't have a microphone then I wouldn't expect the notification to come through the headphones.
    Have you tried this with the stock Samsung earbuds?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

My Bose headphones don't have the microphone. I used the same headphones with my old Thunderbolt and never experienced this issue. If I was listening to music and received a call it would ring through the headphones and I could answer using the phone. I don't plan on buying the stock sSamsung headphones. I enjoy the sound quality of the Bose headphones.

I understand that you prefer the sound quality of the Bose earbuds; I'm not asking you to replace them, I'm asking you what happens when you use the Samsung earbuds that came with your phone (which do have a microphone). If the Samsung earbuds work the way that you expect then it's unlikely that the Bose earbuds will since they don't have a microphone (regardless of what may have happened on your HTC phone).
    If the Samsung earbuds don't work the way that you expect then it might be some system/application setting that we can hunt for (or it may be yet another shortcoming of the S3).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    trucky likes this.