I have the S3 and I listen to music via the stock or Double Twist using my Bose earbuds. Why is it that when I receive a phone call it rings through the speaker via the phone and not the earbuds and how can I change it so it rings through the earbuds?
    02-23-2013 11:53 AM
    Try this,
    put ur phones ringtone on vibrate
    play some music with earbuds in
    then launch an app that uses sound such as Temple Run 2 or Temple Run or 4 Pics 1 Word Basically anything with sound going on

tell me if you hear your music coming out of the speaker and not the earbuds
    02-23-2013 02:36 PM
    Do your Bose headphones have a microphone? If they do, they should be recognized as a device capable of answering calls, in which case the notification should come through the earbuds - if they don't have a microphone then I wouldn't expect the notification to come through the headphones.
    Have you tried this with the stock Samsung earbuds?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    02-23-2013 09:55 PM
    My Bose headphones don't have the microphone. I used the same headphones with my old Thunderbolt and never experienced this issue. If I was listening to music and received a call it would ring through the headphones and I could answer using the phone. I don't plan on buying the stock sSamsung headphones. I enjoy the sound quality of the Bose headphones.
    02-24-2013 06:40 PM
    I understand that you prefer the sound quality of the Bose earbuds; I'm not asking you to replace them, I'm asking you what happens when you use the Samsung earbuds that came with your phone (which do have a microphone). If the Samsung earbuds work the way that you expect then it's unlikely that the Bose earbuds will since they don't have a microphone (regardless of what may have happened on your HTC phone).
    If the Samsung earbuds don't work the way that you expect then it might be some system/application setting that we can hunt for (or it may be yet another shortcoming of the S3).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    trucky likes this.
    02-24-2013 10:43 PM
    I, also have this issue with the S3. I have the stock earbuds, which do have a mic, and listen to music while on the local buses. I keep getting nasty looks every time my phone rings. I called Samsung a few days ago, and according to them, as well as another site I found, it's in the design of the phone. I'm considering trying stereo Bluetooth, and see what that does. If it solves the issue, great, if not, then once the phone is paid for, I will purchase another phone, that hopefully won't have this issue.
    10-29-2014 07:09 PM
    Ours, one S3 one Moto, do the same thing. I just assumed it's a safety thing to avoid damage to your ears. Same reason it rings via the speaker phone not the earpiece.
    10-31-2014 09:53 AM