looking for a night mode that works

thepervster

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
i have searched.but cannot find what will work on this phone correctly. what i am looking for is an app that will block email and all calls and sms except those that i put in the exemptions or whitelist and will be on a schedule to turn on at a certain time and off in the morning.i have tried 4 or 5 already from the play store but they don't work for this phone because of the way our call volume is linked to our notifications sound, they will not allow text messages sounds to come thru from people on the allow list. the blocking mode built in does the same thing, calls on the exemptions come thru but texts from those same people will not make a sound. i know tasker will do this but that is an over kill for what i need because this is for my daughters phone and afraid of her changing other things in it. just looking for a simple app that works. i used to use night ringer pro on my old phones but same thing allows calls but not texts from the allowed to come thru.

thepervster

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
well jeffreii i took your advise and purchased this one then found out you cannot schedule when to turn it on or off. you can set it to turn on when plugged in and off when unplugged but if you have to charge it during the day you have to remember to deactivate it but the calls and sms do come thru which is a good thing.
and also thanks meyerweb i will take a look at that one. i have just came across so many that the calls come thru but not the sms and i might wait until there are reviews from the s3 that says it works right.

I use Bedside - has worked perfectly for me since I got the phone last Summer.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...5nZWVraGVyZC5iZWRzaWRlcHJvMiJd&token=K-FKttwh

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
well jeffreii i took your advise and purchased this one then found out you cannot schedule when to turn it on or off. you can set it to turn on when plugged in and off when unplugged but if you have to charge it during the day you have to remember to deactivate it but the calls and sms do come thru which is a good thing.
and also thanks meyerweb i will take a look at that one. i have just came across so many that the calls come thru but not the sms and i might wait until there are reviews from the s3 that says it works right.

Sorry - I don't use the auto-activate. It has a little widget, which I keep on my home screen, to activate/deactivate the bedside mode. I also don't use the screensaver (though it works well)...I just press the widget before bed, then press it again when I wake up. I personally find "schedules" to be silly since I'm not a robot and I go to sleep and wake up at different times each day...yeah I always aim to go to bed at 11PM to wake up at 7AM for work...but sometimes I'm in bed at 10:30 and sometimes 11:30...so a schedule seems ineffecient.

I love the whitelists...my personal setup (when bedside is enabled) is:
Calls - always allowed
Email - never allowed
SMS/MMS - only from my girlfriend

The only thing I missed from the app is the ability to disable the LED notifications...for that, I just have Light Flow set to not show LEDs while charging.