Lost my Samsung Galaxy s3!?

Pearl Shi

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
If I lost my galaxy s3, and I made a samsung account and turned on the alert sim change and locate phone settings. . .
Please answer any that you can! Thank you so much!
1. Can I track it if the phone is off?
2. What if the person hard resets the phone, do I still have a chance at tracking my phone?
3. How long should I look for it before I give up?
4. If someone buys a sim card from verizon or any carrier and does not physically bring the phone to the store but buys a sim card, will they be able to use my phone?
5. If I report the phone missing to the police, what are the chances they will be able to find it?

Thanks so much!

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
If I lost my galaxy s3, and I made a samsung account and turned on the alert sim change and locate phone settings. . .
Please answer any that you can! Thank you so much!
1. Can I track it if the phone is off?
2. What if the person hard resets the phone, do I still have a chance at tracking my phone?
3. How long should I look for it before I give up?
4. If someone buys a sim card from verizon or any carrier and does not physically bring the phone to the store but buys a sim card, will they be able to use my phone?
5. If I report the phone missing to the police, what are the chances they will be able to find it?

Thanks so much!
You may want to try remote installing Android lost from play.google.com on your desktop computer. Login with your Gmail account you used on your phone then install it. You can do a lot of things with it. If you are rooted you have a few more options but you can locate it fast a lot of the time.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

djroughhouse

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Remotely installed "Android Lost" from website version of Google Play. Thank you for this tip, I left my phone in a department store and was able to track its approx. location after I had already arrived home.

Saved me a good $600. Thanks.

wildmangk

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Remotely installed "Android Lost" from website version of Google Play. Thank you for this tip, I left my phone in a department store and was able to track its approx. location after I had already arrived home.

Saved me a good $600. Thanks.

Did you find it??

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

rockyr1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
sorry to start a new conversation here in the older thread.

I lost my Samsung S3 phone couple of days ago. I left it at JFK airport, boarded the flight while my phone was charging. I have informed the Lost and Found services but chances of getting it back is looking really sleek. I am having to consider other options to track it.

Firstly, i did not have any SIM card on that phone(Since the battery was dead, i was using another phone). Didnt have any tracking Apps installed. SamsungDive was setup but its not working for whatever reason.

What are the possible ways of tracking it?
Should i inform the Cellphone provider TMOBO and will they be able to track it with IMEI?
Will i be able to track it with IMEI?

Let me know what u think i should do. Thanks in advance.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Ronald, that's good information for S4 owners to know, but why did you post it in a thread about recovering lost Galaxy S3 phones, in the Galaxy S3 forum?

Debsterhall

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
I lost my S3 last night in a cab and I was able to track it however today it looks like the cab driver turned it off. :'( It was turned off having 60 percent battery is there any way to turn it on remotely?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000