1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Windwhield/Dashcam Mount

Anyone have some type of mount to recommend for the S3 for use as a dashcam? I got a cheapo windshield mount but it shakes too much to use for video unless I have it pressed against the side of the windshield trim to stabilize it, and that records way too much of the dashboard. It would be nice to attach it to the bottom center of the windshield and still have it be stable and not shake when recording.

I'd prefer one that can be used with a case on the phone, and I'm also super cheap.

Default Re: Windwhield/Dashcam Mount

Guess I'm not sure what it is you're trying to record - the inside of the vehicle or the outside?
    Anyway, if you're looking for a windshield mount, I've been pretty happy with the one I got. I looked for the box but couldn't find it, but I think it was actually for a Galaxy S II. I got it for $5 from the local AT&T store several months ago. I'll look on the actual cradle tomorrow and see if I can find the model information, but you could try doing a search in the forum, since someone here turned me on to the deal.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

I bought a windshield mount at a Verizon store. Pretty nice. It actually stays attached.

Samsung Galaxy S3 4gLTE

The iBolt xProDock is supposed to be very good for dash cam stuff...

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

The one that I referred to is Model ECS-V1B7BE (at least, that's what it shows on the cradle). It's made by Samsung and I was pretty sure it was originally for the Galaxy S II. Here's a rushed picture of what it looks like. Windwhield/Dashcam Mount-uploadfromtaptalk1362472590337.jpgSent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

A dashcam is'nt only very convenient in traffic and when the blue shirts stops you. It can also be very entertaining!

Quote Originally Posted by trucky View Post
    The iBolt xProDock is supposed to be very good for dash cam stuff...

I have that mount. See my review here:

Review - iBolt xPro dock You get what you pay for.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3