Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default wallpaper going black?

Hey guys for some reason my background picture is going black. The top is slowly going black. Not sire why. When I lock phone the lock picture is correct. But in menu screen it is mostly there then top is black.

Thanks

Default Re: wallpaper going black?

Bump, also have this.
    It fades slowly and everything few days or so I have to reapply the same wallpaper.

Are you using the stock launcher (TouchWiz) or a 3rd party one (Nova, Go, etc.).? Are you using any lock screen manager?
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.

Touchwiz, stock. Even after reinstalls etc. No lock screen manager, it happened on 4.1 and still on 4.2. Just fades black from the top gradually.

Yes.. Mine is Galaxy S3 JB 4.2.1 official Firmware. Am not using any third party launchers. If I change the wallpaper its appearing fine. After some time screen is going black gradually from the top.
    I already did reset 2 times. No use.

Is there any solution?

Are you using a stock wallpaper?
    How long does it take for the screen to start going black?
    If you reboot the phone does the screen "refresh" or does it still stay black?
    Have you checked Settings -> Display -> Auto adjust screen tone?
    I haven't seen anything like this, but I've only used one of the stock wallpapers.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Stock

Wait. You have 4.2? It's not out officially for the phone so I assume that you're rooted and running a rom? Maybe a problem with that rom?

Sent From My Note 2.

I have the same problem.
    using android 4.2 downloaded from samsung official site.
    no root no hack nothing on it. the problem appear with default wallpaper, with pictures from phone camera and any other type of wallpapers.
    if the wallpaper is changed or reapply it appears ok, or reboot.
    But it starts again to fade in black from the top.