What happened to my keyboard?

mprice24

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I just got my first android phone today, Galaxy SIII (always had iPhone before). A little while ago I was typing and I did something that moved the querty row of keys to the top row. Don't know how I did it, but I'm hoping that someone can tell me how to put it back in it's normal position.

Thanks,
Martin

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I just got my first android phone today, Galaxy SIII (always had iPhone before). A little while ago I was typing and I did something that moved the querty row of keys to the top row. Don't know how I did it, but I'm hoping that someone can tell me how to put it back in it's normal position.

Thanks,
Martin

Switch the language back from French to English.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

mprice24

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I had no idea that I had switched to French and clearly don't know how I did. So ... don't know how to switch it back, but I'll go searching around settings and see what I can find.

Thanks again.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I had no idea that I had switched to French and clearly don't know how I did. So ... don't know how to switch it back, but I'll go searching around settings and see what I can find.

Thanks again.

It should be on the keyboard itself, but you can also check Settings>Language & keyboard>Language if I'm not mistaken.

mprice24

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Really strange. It seems -- from the tutorial -- that there should be a symbol/icon -- it looks like a globe -- if the keyboard is set up for two languages. You press that and hold until the language names come up and then select what you want. The trouble now is that on this changed/French keyboard, the icon isn't there. So I went to Settings->Language & Keyboard->Language and it's set for English. I'll keep searching.

Appreciate your help.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Really strange. It seems -- from the tutorial -- that there should be a symbol/icon -- it looks like a globe -- if the keyboard is set up for two languages. You press that and hold until the language names come up and then select what you want. The trouble now is that on this changed/French keyboard, the icon isn't there. So I went to Settings->Language & Keyboard->Language and it's set for English. I'll keep searching.

Appreciate your help.

Can you at least provide a screenshot of said keyboard? I'm quite curious now.

mprice24

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Can you at least provide a screenshot of said keyboard? I'm quite curious now.

Well, I really messed up. It turns out that I had 2 languages selected for the keyboard, English and French, and didn't notice when I did the first thing you suggested, that is, check the language. The second mess up was that I didn't see, even though I was looking for it, the little globe icon to change the language. Sorry for the false alarm.
I guess there's no need for a screen shot now, though again, as a brand new Galaxy/Android owner, I don't know how to take a screenshot :)

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for the false alarm.
I guess there's no need for a screen shot now, though again, as a brand new Galaxy/Android owner, I don't know how to take a screenshot :)
Hey. No problem. We all learned something from your screwup. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon