Screen Jumps on Incoming Call and Cannot See Caller ID

zuperbri

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone else had the problem when receiving an incoming call the screen image appears to jump upwards, as if it was no longer bounded by the screens edge, and the bottom half of the screen becomes black while the top half shows the slide answer option and buttons bellow it. It is just as if the screen were pushed upwards and you can no longer see the incoming caller ID and the bottom half of the screen is blank.
This doesn't happen very often and most of the time when it happens it will only be for a short period when received the call, although other times it may ring out and it will not fix itself.

Craig Rogers

Banned
Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I've never seen that happen before, but it sounds software related. Its the phone application probably. Uninstall any updates to the phone app you may have done, or factory reset the phone seeing you can't Uninstall and reinstall the phone app.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Or look at any apps you installed that might interact with the phone app. Alternate dialers, apps that do something with caller ID, call recorders, etc.

zuperbri

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I don't have any apps that interact with the phone app - or at least I don't believe I do. I also did a factory reset recently due to another issue and it didn't appear to affect this. Perhaps it may be an phone model/service provider firmware/android software incompatibility issue. It doesn't happen often but when it does I dislike answering it as I can't tell who is calling.

- - - Updated - - -

And thanks :)

Craig Rogers

Banned
Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't have any apps that interact with the phone app - or at least I don't believe I do. I also did a factory reset recently due to another issue and it didn't appear to affect this. Perhaps it may be an phone model/service provider firmware/android software incompatibility issue. It doesn't happen often but when it does I dislike answering it as I can't tell who is calling.

- - - Updated - - -

And thanks :)

Who is your carrier? What version of android are you running? Also model number phone?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

zuperbri

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Incredibly slow reply sorry. I'm from Australia so my carrier is Optus, the model is GT-19305 and the android software version is 4.1.2.