power saving mode

anon(848791)

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
is anyone noticing any benefits from it? or is it causing issues?
i have been using it for about 2-4 weeks now, and can't tell any difference in battery life.
please post your experience with it.
Thanx

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
When I first tried it I didn't notice much difference... but after a while I noticed it made a pretty significant difference in how much battery was consumed. I only have it set to reduce CPU power.

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I have it on all the time, except when I play a cpu intensive game or app. It makes quite a difference in battery life.

--Tapatalk 2 on SGS3.

AnAndroidDroid

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Definitely makes a difference.

I normally have gps and lte off, and for power savings, I have cpu and screen ticked. I tick the rest when I'm out and running low on battery. I do uncheck cpu savings, and enable lte and gps when needed. I also manually adjust screen brightness, but it's usually around 50%.

Btw, what exactly does screen power saving do? It just says it uses ?lower power level for screen" it's got nothing to do with brightness, can't notice any difference.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Do you guys have all 3 options checked? I usually don't have the cpu option enabled.

Yes I do use the Power Saving options. It does seem to save a few hours compared to having it off with my usage style. Finally yes I have all of the options checked. The reason I do this is you will most likely not notice a difference with the CPU option checked until you play a video game, or have fancy moving wallpapers.

anon(848791)

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
to me the phone seems very sluggish at times with the cpu option selected. had it on today for most of the day, and still got about 9% an hour of kind of heavy use (3g/4g and bluetooth, gps and maps were on while i was listening to pandora on the road, oh and some texting, with a little bit of talking on the phone).
i cant really tell that its helping, i get about the same without the power saving mode.

AnAndroidDroid

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
to me the phone seems very sluggish at times with the cpu option selected. had it on today for most of the day, and still got about 9% an hour of kind of heavy use (3g/4g and bluetooth, gps and maps were on while i was listening to pandora on the road, oh and some texting, with a little bit of talking on the phone).
i cant really tell that its helping, i get about the same without the power saving mode.

The phone does get choppy at times for me as well with cpu power saving on (ex. While texting). But it's fine most of the time, so I'd rather have the longevity it offers.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Leave the power mode on for a while... as I said... I didn't notice a difference right away... but now it definitely gives me more hours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781