- 5 Posts
Tethering not turning off?
I'm a bit worried.
I turned on the 'wifi hotspot' on my Galaxy S3 and turned it off again, it was on about 5 seconds. I didn't know what it was.
I have since found out it is tethering, which requires an extra charge on my contract.
On my laptop and blackberry phone, both are still showing an 'Android' wireless connection. I haven't connected to it though.
I've checked my phone and it shows the wifi hotspot option is off.
How can I get rid of this 'Andriod' connection coming from my phone and will I be charged?
- 03-12-2013, 08:35 PM #2
Re: Tethering not turning off?
Once a device, like your laptop, recognizes a wireless connection it will remember it, even if it's no longer active. When looking at your laptop, you should see some indication as to whether it is actually on or not. If not, just delete that connection from your laptop and BB. If you can't tell, try to connect to it. It should tell you it can't find the connection.
And no, I don't think Sprint will charge you for 5 seconds.PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. Otherwise, it's like calling your doctor and saying "My head hurts." Your doctor can't treat you unless he knows whether you have a headache or a concussion, and we can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they occurred.
If I've helped you, please press the Thanks button.
Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
- By _Zguy__ in forum AT&T Captivate Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 7Last Post: 04-06-2013, 06:05 AM
- By ewingman in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 05-09-2011, 09:35 PM
- By rockey in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 01-19-2011, 07:01 PM
- By EvilMonkey in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 06-07-2010, 07:27 PM
- By bojowaggie in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 4Last Post: 04-09-2010, 06:37 PM