1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Autocorrect Issue Since 3/12/13 Update

Yesterday my phone had a software update, and the issue I can't seem to figure out is with autocorrect. When I type a word and select it in the autocorrect, it replaces the previous word I typed - for example "this phone is frustrating", upon choosing 'frustrating' it'll change to "this phone frustratingfrustrating". It keeps giving you words, rather than the punctuation options (? . , etc). Anyone else at least experiencing this? I imagine it's a bug more than a setting.. I would hope. Thanks!

Default Re: Autocorrect Issue Since 3/12/13 Update

I am having the same frustrating issue.

Probably a bug. I'd try another keyboard from the play store. I use Swift Key personally

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

I am having the same frustratingfrustrating issue since last week also!!! I also got the update. I have sent a customer support issue to Samsung also. I hate that the auto correct is not working and that the shortcut punctuation menu is basically gone. I have heard mixed reviews about swiftkey and other keyboard apps. I don't think I should have to download an app to fix a device issue to something as important as a KEYBOARD!!! ARRRGGGHH!!!

Nearly any/all of the 3rd party apps are better than the stock keyboard. in my opinion. I use super keyboard pro and I love it.
    Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 Pebble Blue & Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition)