Sync with my wifes google calendar

kflick22

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
I hope someone can help me with this. We each have a Galaxy S3. We did have our calendars synced but now we don't. Don't know what happened? I want it so that if one of us puts something on the calendar it automatically populates the other phones calendar. Help???

Thank you in advance!
Ken

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The only way I can think of is that you'll both have to use the same Gmail account to sign into both S3's. That way when you add the task or appt to your calendar on one phone, when it syncs it will be on her calendar too. Create a Gmail address for you both to use and then use a 3rd party or the other email app on the phone to sync your other email accounts so you both won't receive each other's emails and can still have your privacy. I can't really think of any other way at the moment

I am Samsungma Bin Laden, Leader of the Android taliban. I will blow up 1000 iPhones to prove my loyalty to Android

kflick22

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Umm ok but does this count? She invited me to join the account and I did so it's her account? Or are you saying that I need a seperate Gmail account to access hers?

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
No. Just use her account. Go to settings > accounts > Google > add account and add her account and see if you can sync your calendar with that account. If not then remove your account through the same settings, add hers and sync then you should be good. Good luck

I am Samsungma Bin Laden, Leader of the Android taliban. I will blow up 1000 iPhones to prove my loyalty to Android

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
If one user "shares" their calendar with you from within Gmail it should be in your lists of Calendars to display in Settings, under the account name it's shared with.

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
If one user "shares" their calendar with you from within Gmail it should be in your lists of Calendars to display in Settings, under the account name it's shared with.

How would you do this? I'm asking so I could learn as well

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
How would you do this? I'm asking so I could learn as well

On your PC browser go to your Gmail Calendar, Settings, Calendars and click on Share this calendar. Add the user(s) you want to share with and save.
On your android open Calendar, Settings, choose the account that just had the other user's calendar shared with it. Tap that name and all shared and personal calendars are there to check or uncheck.

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Sweet! Thanks for that info. That is very useful. So you will see all tasks from all calendars on same one calendar?

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks a lot. You were very helpful and taught me something today

rawightman

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Go to settings, account, add account and add the google account of your wife, then set this account to only sync the calendar. My wife and I do this and it works great. I add an appointment to my calendar and it shows on her calendar.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy