Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S3 Time & Date Stamp

Is there any way to put a time and date stamp on a photo on the Samsung Galaxy S3? I've tried a couple apps to no avail. I'm a realtor and need time and date stamps on my photos. I really need to be able to turn it on and off. I'm very frustrated!

Default Re: Galaxy S3 Time & Date Stamp

I'm not sure I understand your problem - every photo that I take using the stock camera application is named something like this:
    yyyymmdd_hhmmss.jpg (showing the 4 digit year, 2 digit month, 2 digit day; separated by an underscore and then the 6 digit military time [so everything after noon adds + 1, so 3:15 pm is actually 1515 - 12 + 3 is 15]).
    Any file explorer will show you this information, and any picture viewer will allow you to look at the file properties, which includes the filename.Galaxy S3 Time & Date Stamp-uploadfromtaptalk1363672489494.jpg
    Finally, any EXIF viewer (ex. ExifViewer: http://market.android.com/details?id...kado.exifviewx
    should show the date/time embedded in the picture (along with the GPS location if you have that enabled).Galaxy S3 Time & Date Stamp-uploadfromtaptalk1363672514607.jpgSent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Sorry that I wasn't clear! I am a realtor and need to send time/date stamped photos of properties (with time/date stamp printed on photo). I am unable to find anywhere that tells me how to do this on the stock camera. And there are other times I don't want the time and date stamp showing on my pictures, so it would be convenient to be able to easily be able to turn it on and off. I'm not very well versed with technical things, so maybe it is something I am just overlooking or not understanding. I would appreciate any input/advice you may have! Thanks!

Global Posts
    527 Global Posts

There's actually quite a few apps that do this in the Play Store. Which ones have you tried? I searched using "timestamp camera" but there are also watermark apps that will do the same thing.
    Klotar -- Supervising Manager,
    The Department of Redundancy Department
    LG Optimus G2 D-803 | Android 4.4.2 | Rogers Wireless

Ah, a little information goes a long way!
    As the previous poster suggests, you should be able to find 3rd party apps that will:
    - add date/time stamps to existing photos after-the-fact
    - allow you to capture photos and add the date/time stamp
    - replace the stock camera app and allow you to turn that feature on/off

I took a quick look at the 2nd category and found Add Watermark Free: http://market.android.com/details?id...watermark.free (the free version is rather handicapped but will give you a good enough idea to determine if it's worth purchasing the full version).
    Edit: here's a sample of something in the 3rd category Vignette Demo: http://market.android.com/details?id...ignetteNewDemo

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by GSDer; 03-21-2013 at 04:07 AM.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks so much! I downloaded the first one and it seems to do exactly what I need it to. I really appreciate the help!!

Hello, I have tried the Watermark on pictures and it works great! However, I need to take video's and need the date & time stamp displayed when the video plays back. Any suggestions? Please help? I need to use the videos as evidence and the video will not be recognised without the date and time stamp displayed during playback. The info in the "properties" section of the file will not suffice. Thanks so much xx

Hi emileei how the water mark works we need to dated the pictures after taken or these app date pictures at the time that you take them ?

I want this appication code quickly please, send me.

Anitha,
    Did you look at the links in post #4?
    Or you can simply do a search in the Google Play Store.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

I just want to know what is the app called where you can add time and a date to your photos

Emilee what is the application called?

beauron,
    Did you look at the links I provided in post #5?
    Or you can just do a search in the Google Play Store.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I loaded one of the time-date stamp apps and it really caused havoc with my Samsung Galaxy S3. At first I thought I had a hardware issue. Whenever I took a flash photo shot, the phone would immediately turn off, and would not turn back on. The only way I could get the phone to turn back on was to plug it into the charger (even though the battery was still fully charged. Finally, I launched it in Safe Mode and worked with it all day without the glitch occurring, so I was able to narrow down the problem to the time-date stamp app I had downloaded. I deleted the app and no further issues. I also have a job where they want me to take time-date stamp pictures on site. I don't understand why the Smartphones have not added this option into the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Figaro14 View Post
    I deleted the app and no further issues.
    Which app did you use that was causing the problem? It might help someone else avoid a similar problem if you list the name; you should also send the developer an email and also include a comment in the Google Play Store.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Hi Emilee,
    I saw your post about the galaxy note 3 time stamp. What app was it. I am also a realtor and need a time stamp.

Thanks
    [email removed by Moderator]
    Last edited by davidnc; 07-23-2014 at 10:31 AM. Reason: email removed per guidelines

Global Posts
    7,417 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Daveluy View Post
    Hi Emilee,
    I saw your post about the galaxy note 3 time stamp. What app was it. I am also a realtor and need a time stamp.

Thanks
    [email removed by Moderator]
    Quote Originally Posted by Emilee Smith View Post
    Thanks so much! I downloaded the first one and it seems to do exactly what I need it to. I really appreciate the help!!
    Sounds to me Emilee download the first one that was posted in post #5 that GSDer provided which would be this one linked below

Add Watermark Free

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...watermark.free
    Last edited by davidnc; 07-23-2014 at 11:16 AM. Reason: added name of app