Upgrading to S4?

m4nia

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone who recently got the S3 planning to upgrade to the S4? Or are you going to wait?

I'm going to wait at least two years, since I just got mine at Christmas, but I'm looking for other opinions.

Last edited:

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it makes alot of sense for a person with an S3 to upgrade to an S4. Obviously if I got one for free I'd take it... but I wouldn't pay any significant amount of money for it. The S4 is basically an improved S3... is it better? Yes... but not enough to spend a bunch of money.

The Galaxy S4 is more for people looking to upgrade from the Galaxy S2 or phones from that generation or older.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it makes alot of sense for a person with an S3 to upgrade to an S4. Obviously if I got one for free I'd take it... but I wouldn't pay any significant amount of money for it. The S4 is basically an improved S3... is it better? Yes... but not enough to spend a bunch of money.

The Galaxy S4 is more for people looking to upgrade from the Galaxy S2 or phones from that generation or older.

Yup! I feel the same way.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

This. I want a S4 but.. It's not worth the money it would cost me since I have a S3. So I'll wait and hope one falls in my lap ;).

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

sjh19581

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
i just got my s3 late october and im really enjoying it.i'll wait and see when i'm able to upgrade and then maybe the s5 will be out,but to tell you the truth this
is one hell of a phone!

jamesino

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
It might be months before a stable AOSP rom comes out for the G4. I'm not too concerned about the new features in the G4, but I am picky about speed and performance. I'm going to go out on a limp and say that a G3 running a nice AOSP rom is going to be pretty similar in speed and performance to G4 running stock TW for most users.

AnAndroidDroid

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded to s3 pretty late (jan) when my phone stopped working. Had a tough time trying to decide whether to wait for the s4, but I'm happy I got the s3 then. No plans to upgrade.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia