Car mode problem

Kyle Clinton1

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hey there, Thank you all for the suggestions.
I pulled the battery out and cleaned usb port with a toothpick, but being there was debris on the thinner side (the port and wall of the charging slot) A can of air blew my problems away.

Car mode started activating just after I dropped it down my stairs.
This worked for my I9100 (SII), -Rooted with Custom Rom-
Thank you soo much:-$:-$

Last edited:

Afrah_F7

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
hey there .. i install app called .. Disable car home .. it's rlly work .. i was like u .. care mode driveing me crazy but now its gone .. try it

Lukash Katman

May 7, 2014
Visit site
No need to worry about apps' activities. I just flashed a stock rom and and started to get same problem. Car mod on and off! As suggested above, I cleaned USB port with toothbrush and it is working properly now. If you still having same problem, just clean your USB port.

Abdul Kashem

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I cleaned my USB port with the toothbrush and guess what its worked! not having that annoying car mode crap.

thanks for the member who recommended use of toothbrush

Davidw2415

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
My S3 is doing the same car mode thing. It started with the last update on July 4 weekend. Also when it goes into car mode I can't turn the phone off without it turning right back on by itself. Seems to do it mostly when battery power drop below 70%. Also since last update the phone doesn't seems to not recognize the charger when plugged in; I have to remove battery and put it back in then it will be okay until power drops again.

Batzaya

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys. I had this problem just. And i readed yr advices. I can clean my usb port. Do u have a any instruction? Video or picture? I rly need help pls guys?

Batzaya

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
hi guys i just had this problem and i readed yr advices. I cant clean my usb port. Can u show how can i do it? Do u have a video picture or someting? Pls!!! I rly need help.

Paul Elgie Tanquis

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem car mode enable pop up and its very irritating
when i go to internet it appears and it hang my phone and internet connection will stop..please help me..

Last edited:

Eddy Mofo

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Fix. Blow usb plug with compressed air then clean out with a small brush & a tiny bit of metho, cleaning alcohol, or something else that won't damage ur phone. Then blow it again. This worked for me. Also u can disable auto launch in car mode settings

aahma16

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
my s3 keeps switching on car mode by itself and then switching it off again a fraction of a second latter. On, off, on, off, on, off it's driving me nuts! I never selected the car mode in the first place (and don't know how to anyway!) it's making using the phone difficult at best and now i've had to switch the sound off on my device as it's constantly bleeping on and off! I need help please!

turn flight mode on and off it worked for me!

Ruben cc

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Just wanted to thank you for the "clean with toothbrush" suggestion. I had the same annoying problem with my Galaxy Mega and cleaning the connector with an old toothbrush -and- using an air-pressure blower seemed to have fixed the problem.

CeCe Calvo

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site

Seriously? Why should people type out the EXACT same issue they're having as all the others? I came here because I too am having these issues (that I will not type out word for word because everyone else has for me.) The main post says it all for you when we say we're having the EXACT SAME problem why do we need to type it all out?

But as I got on this post all I noticed was yours and that other dudes "solution" being so unnerving and OBVIOUS that I'm wondering how the heck you think you both are helping ANYONE? Come on. You don't think we've ALL restarted our damn phones? Why would we come here BEFORE taking the battery out? You can't POSSIBLY think you're helping anyone. Christ!

So yeah.... don't act like you can't solve a problem because its OUR fault. Seriously.

Umehuma

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
My S3 keeps switching on car mode by itself and then switching it off again a fraction of a second latter. on, off, on, off, on, off it's driving me nuts! I never selected the car mode in the first place (and don't know how to anyway!) It's making using the phone difficult at best and now I've had to switch the sound off on my device as it's constantly bleeping on and off! I need help please!

I too had the same problem. I switched off the Hands - free mode off and the car mode was gone. Try and see may be thats the problem.

Posted via the Android Central App

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Seriously? Why should people type out the EXACT same issue they're having as all the others? I came here because I too am having these issues (that I will not type out word for word because everyone else has for me.) The main post says it all for you when we say we're having the EXACT SAME problem why do we need to type it all out?

But as I got on this post all I noticed was yours and that other dudes "solution" being so unnerving and OBVIOUS that I'm wondering how the heck you think you both are helping ANYONE? Come on. You don't think we've ALL restarted our damn phones? Why would we come here BEFORE taking the battery out? You can't POSSIBLY think you're helping anyone. Christ!

So yeah.... don't act like you can't solve a problem because its OUR fault. Seriously.
Just whom are you relating to? "Yours", and "That other dude" don't make any sense.

jello9

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
My S3 keeps switching on car mode by itself and then switching it off again a fraction of a second latter. on, off, on, off, on, off it's driving me nuts! I never selected the car mode in the first place (and don't know how to anyway!) It's making using the phone difficult at best and now I've had to switch the sound off on my device as it's constantly bleeping on and off! I need help please!

Hi David I just had the same thing happen to my phone and it started doing that car mode thing which is annoying. I finally got it to stop by downloading Antivirus security app in the play store. The app symbol has red, yellow, blue and green looking flags. After downloading it then click scan and once its done the car mode should go away.

Charlie Bartlett

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
on mine, it keeps turning on and off on and off turning my screen on and off etc. but when i restart it. it doesn't work i did a factory reset; still doesn't work. HELPPP

Mike Hernandez3

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
I was about ready to through my phone in the river, blowing out the charge port with a can of compressed air fixed it. The driving mode kept turning it self on and off for a couple of weeks...my phone works as it did before.

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Hello, where did you download this app as I cannot find 'disable car home' app in google play. I tried searching 'disable car mode' and also nothing. I only found an app called 'Car Mode Off', I installed it and it hasn't solved the problem.