Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy S3 - Message Problems

I have a samsung galaxy s3 and do not always receive my messages, i've updated everything and done a factory reset - now have a 1 permentely next to message icon too. - anyone able to help please

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 - Message Problems

Quote Originally Posted by mgravett View Post
    I have a samsung galaxy s3 and do not always receive my messages, i've updated everything and done a factory reset - now have a 1 permentely next to message icon too. - anyone able to help please
    Did you just happen to switcg from an I phone?

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

yes along time ago, and only 1 of the people who's messages i'm not receiving had an iphone too, the other always htc.

What kind of messages are you referring to - SMS/MMS or email?
    Are you not receiving messages from a particular person, or from everyone? If from a particular individual, is s/he on the same carrier?
    What app are you using for these messages?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

SMS messages, not received from at least 2 people. just using message app that on phone

Are the people you're not getting messages from in your address book, and do the numbers in the address book exactly (including area code an any prefixes) match the sending number? Check the settings in the message app, and if it's checked, uncheck the blocking option. Also check the spam settings, and see if their messages might be in the spam folder.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.

i got a solution . go to settings>applications>manage applications>All>Badgeprovider>clear data and restart ur phone. that should be ok