cant play iTunes movies.

myIphone4s

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
well just like the title says i cant play movies form itunes (google play's market not that great for songs/movies so i keep my itunes open for the entertainment)

well i got 2 movies i am wanting on my phone i tried drag and drop method but no luck phone wont play them seems to play all the music i have by that method? i am putting one on the SD card and on the hard drive didnt play on the hard drive not going to try the SD card

also my phone isnt rooted

if yall can please help me with this issue i really dont want to spend much money hope there is a app that i can get. (dont have wireless and the 4g seems slow here)

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I am sure it is just the format. ITunes movies are usually in a mpeg4 format and not all video players will play them without a codec installed.

It's either that or find a converter app that will change the format to something more android friendly.

Of course, I am assuming the movies are drm free, correct?

It's not wrong to fondle the s pen.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Try an app called vidcon it converts formats to be compatible with your device right on your phone

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

capslock118

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't know about all, but the TV shows and movies I have bought from iTunes in the past are DRM protected; I have yet to find a free and/open source app that can break DRM from these videos

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Shanghaichica1

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
It's not about the format it's because the files have DRM encryption. You would need to remove it and then it would play on your Android device. I don't know how to do this. I had the same problems with my note when I first got it. In the end I just got a few apple devices as I found I was missing a lot of the content and apps available from the iTunes which I couldn't get on Android.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
This ^

Apple wants you in their ecosystem, not Android's or anyone else's. I'm sure there are commercial apps you can run on your desktop that will break the DRM protection, but that's probably the only way you'll play them outside of iTunes or an Apple device.

solidsponge

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Thing is, android doesnt do tv shows in uk. This is rather strange. I have TV shows from apple which are DRM protected, but at least they offer them. Android has no way to just buy a simple tv series from store, due to whatever reasons and very little about it on the internet or when this will change. Disappointed as I didnt know this before I bought my nexus and looks like I may return the phone as this and other niggles are too much. DRM is wrong of course, but I think android needs normal tv shows to progress...

myIphone4s

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Thank yall. I would have had a 16gb 3gs but my grandma sold it for $35 was upset. she has the 4s now

When I get back home sunday I will look for some tools

If google play could get better movies it would be easier just buy them again.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I suspect Google is working to get TV shows in the UK. It's not a technical issues, I'm sure, but one of licensing and money. The owners of shows don't let them go for free.

Shanghaichica1

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
This is the main downside of having an android device for me, the lack of TV shows in the UK. I've had my note for almost a year and nothing has changed. If they started to sell TV shows in the UK play store I'd get rid of my ipad and ipod.

Sent from my Galaxy Note using Android Central forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12