Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy s3 charging port broken? Or broken battery?

okay so my phone and battery were working perfectly (sort of) until i dropped the phone while it was on the charger. yup hit the ground charger port first. Now when i put my phone on the charger its loose as expected but it consantly does *charging, not charging, charging , not charging* off on off on SO FAST and now its pain to get it to charge by usb. so i tried an external battery charger (you remove the battery and put it in a dohickey.) EXCEPT the battery only chargers to 89% this way. external battery charger 1000mAh so maybe thats why but im not sure. I need to know if i should get my charger port fixed or buy a new battery or both!

Default Re: Galaxy s3 charging port broken? Or broken battery?

I'd bet on the micro USB connector, but there's probably no way to be certain. Do you know anyone else with a S3 you could swap batteries with for a few minutes to see what happens?

If not, getting the port replaced / repaired won't be cheap, so you might want to by an inexpensive battery / charger from Amazon or ebay and see what happens before you have the phone repaired.

Default Re: Galaxy s3 charging port broken? Or broken battery?

What you can do when your smartphone's charging port is broken?

I I want to spend any money to fix it after I found out how expensive it was so I read this article, And have been using this product until I can upgrade to Verizon