- 3 Posts
Galaxy s3 charging port broken? Or broken battery?
okay so my phone and battery were working perfectly (sort of) until i dropped the phone while it was on the charger. yup hit the ground charger port first. Now when i put my phone on the charger its loose as expected but it consantly does *charging, not charging, charging , not charging* off on off on SO FAST and now its pain to get it to charge by usb. so i tried an external battery charger (you remove the battery and put it in a dohickey.) EXCEPT the battery only chargers to 89% this way. external battery charger 1000mAh so maybe thats why but im not sure. I need to know if i should get my charger port fixed or buy a new battery or both!
- 03-29-2013, 09:36 PM #2
Re: Galaxy s3 charging port broken? Or broken battery?
I'd bet on the micro USB connector, but there's probably no way to be certain. Do you know anyone else with a S3 you could swap batteries with for a few minutes to see what happens?
If not, getting the port replaced / repaired won't be cheap, so you might want to by an inexpensive battery / charger from Amazon or ebay and see what happens before you have the phone repaired.PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.
If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.
Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
- 06-24-2013, 01:10 AM #3
- By CaliforniaMan in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 10Last Post: 12-31-2013, 06:01 PM
- By peppermintman in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 37Last Post: 04-09-2013, 11:17 PM
- By Axels15 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 7Last Post: 03-15-2013, 09:43 PM
- By prolvp in forum Android 4.0 Ice Cream SandwichReplies: 0Last Post: 07-19-2012, 12:57 AM
- By CaliforniaMan in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 6Last Post: 07-06-2012, 10:48 PM