Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy s3 charging port broken? Or broken battery?

okay so my phone and battery were working perfectly (sort of) until i dropped the phone while it was on the charger. yup hit the ground charger port first. Now when i put my phone on the charger its loose as expected but it consantly does *charging, not charging, charging , not charging* off on off on SO FAST and now its pain to get it to charge by usb. so i tried an external battery charger (you remove the battery and put it in a dohickey.) EXCEPT the battery only chargers to 89% this way. external battery charger 1000mAh so maybe thats why but im not sure. I need to know if i should get my charger port fixed or buy a new battery or both!

Default Re: Galaxy s3 charging port broken? Or broken battery?

I'd bet on the micro USB connector, but there's probably no way to be certain. Do you know anyone else with a S3 you could swap batteries with for a few minutes to see what happens?

If not, getting the port replaced / repaired won't be cheap, so you might want to by an inexpensive battery / charger from Amazon or ebay and see what happens before you have the phone repaired.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.

Default Re: Galaxy s3 charging port broken? Or broken battery?

What you can do when your smartphone's charging port is broken?

I I want to spend any money to fix it after I found out how expensive it was so I read this article, And have been using this product until I can upgrade to Verizon