Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Samsung Galaxy S3 wont Boot

Hello,
    The other day I decieded to Root my Samsung galaxy s3 (GT-19300) (International) running 4.1.2, and then my phone was going great until I decided to install this application called: Chainfire3D ()

After the application installed, my phone went to reboot, but was stuck at the Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-19300 text logo.

the phone stays there, and does not get past this point.

could someone tell me how I can get my phone to turn on again? as I am really scared, and I am not sure if my phone is broken or something.

thanks for your help,
    S0NlC1
    Last edited by S0NlC1; 03-31-2013 at 09:20 PM.

Default Re: Phone wont Boot

Can you boot into recovery?

Sent from my SPH-L710 running Liquid Smooth RC2 4.2.2 stable
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yes, when I hold power + volume up and the home button, it goes into recovery

Quote Originally Posted by S0NlC1 View Post
    Yes, when I hold power + volume up and the home button, it goes into recovery
    Maybe try wiping and then flashing your nandroid?

Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I tried going into recovery, and formatting the whole phone, and it still didnt work

Perhaps I'm not reading the information for Chainfire 3D correctly, but in the description it states that it's only for Froyo & Gingerbread.
    Anyway, if wiping Dalvik/cache doesn't help, and you don't have a Nandroid backup, just put it in Download mode, use Odin to restore the Factory image (or whatever ROM you want) and don't install Chainfire 3D until the developer confirms that it's compatible with ICS/Jelly Bean.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I have tried to wipe the Dalvik/Cache, and I dont have a nandriod backup. also I tried using Odin to restore the Factory image (for me, its: CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4) and it still does not work

I have tried to wipe the Dalvik/Cache, and I dont have a nandriod backup. also I tried using Odin to restore the Factory image (for me, its: CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4) and it still does not work
    Are you getting some sort of error message when this happens or are you just still getting the bootloop after you flash?

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I get no errors when I wipe the Dalvik/cache, and when I connect my phone to my computer and load it into download mode using Volume down + Home and power, I then go into Ordin, and load the PDA, and press start, and I dont get any errors, but still my phone wont boot up, it just is stock on the boot screen

I get no errors when I wipe the Dalvik/cache, and when I connect my phone to my computer and load it into download mode using Volume down + Home and power, I then go into Ordin, and load the PDA, and press start, and I dont get any errors, but still my phone wont boot up, it just is stock on the boot screen
    Hmm.. Have you tried doing a battery pull or anything?

Sent from my Google Nexus 7 running aokp 4.1.2 #AOKP-Till-I-Die

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Yep, I have tried that a few times now :-/

If you can get into recovery, just re-flash the known good ROM again. Wipe Cache, wipe Dalvik, factory reset, flash.

Oh, sorry, I just re-read the OP. You never did flash a ROM, did you?

If you can find the flashable zip of the OEM ROM, or for that matter any ROM that is known good for your model of phone, copy it to the root directory of your SD card (internal or external), boot into recovery, wipe cache, dalvik, factory reset, boot into recovery again, and flash the ROM from your SD card.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 wont Boot

I don't know where Chainfire 3D installs, but is it possible that the OP needs to wipe /system before reloading a new ROM? I can't think of any other reason that the phone would still have a boot problem if he's already loaded the stock ROM using Odin.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

How do I reflash a new rom? (sorry, I am new to the andriod world)

also, a quick update of my problem, I just downloaded the Australian 4.1.2 XSA firmware () and I installed this to my phone in download mode using Ordin. Now my phone gets past the logo, and gets to the Samsung animated logo, and that just repeats itself over and over endlessly

Do you have the Australian version of the phone? If not, you're lucky it still boots at all. As it says on the page you linked to:

Every device use their own firmware..... SamMobile's advice is to use this only if you are 100% sure!

Earlier, you posted:
    CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4 is NOT the factory image. In fact, it's not even a ROM. It's a rooting tool that roots your phone and installs CWM recovery. That's all.

You clearly do NOT understand what you're doing. That's not meant as an insult, just fact. And continuing to throw random things at the phone, when you don't know what you're doing, is a good way to permanently brick it. So let's go back to the beginning. Don't try to load ANYTHING else on your phone until you know exactly what you're doing. First things first: Exactly which model of the GS3 do you have and what carrier are you on?
    Last edited by meyerweb; 04-01-2013 at 03:11 PM.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

I have the unlocked Australian Version.

Find the factory image, download it and the two boot chains (not sure if your version uses two, I have the USA verizon one and mine needs two).

Flash the two bootchains, flash factor image.

Google for step by step

OK, going back to this page:

If you look at the drops downs, you'll see there are multiple versions of the Galaxy S3. The i9300, i9300T, i9305 and i9305T all show they're for Australian carriers. Maybe some of the other SIII models are too. Are you sure the page listed is the right one for YOUR exact model of phone and carrier. If you still have the box, it should give you the exact model. Or if you remove the back, there ought to be a label somewhere (maybe under the battery) with the exact model #. There are many, many different versions of the S3. Each carrier's version is subtly different. It vital that you install only the correct ROM for your specific phone.

19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    OK, going back to this page:

If you look at the drops downs, you'll see there are multiple versions of the Galaxy S3. The i9300, i9300T, i9305 and i9305T all show they're for Australian carriers. Maybe some of the other SIII models are too. Are you sure the page listed is the right one for YOUR exact model of phone and carrier. If you still have the box, it should give you the exact model. Or if you remove the back, there ought to be a label somewhere (maybe under the battery) with the exact model #. There are many, many different versions of the S3. Each carrier's version is subtly different. It vital that you install only the correct ROM for your specific phone.
    Under the battery, the Model is GT-i9300
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Quote Originally Posted by jamesino View Post
    Find the factory image, download it and the two boot chains (not sure if your version uses two, I have the USA verizon one and mine needs two).

Flash the two bootchains, flash factor image.

Google for step by step
    How and Where can I do this? (sorry, like I said, I am very new to this)

Under the battery, the Model is GT-i9300
    And what carrier are you on?

OK, the Firmware site shows that model, in Australia, comes in versions for Optus and XSA? Which are you on?

Also, there's a forum here specifically for the i9300. I'd suggest reposting what you've done so far in a new thread in that forum. You'll may find people there with more specific knowledge of that model of the phone.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...xy-siii-i9300/

23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    And what carrier are you on?
    my phone is unlocked, and has never been locked to any carrier

Well, that web site you linked to shows ROMs for specific carriers, so I'm not sure which one you should use. I don't have the i9300 version, so I'm hesitant to make a recommendation in ignorance. Someone in the i9300 subforum I linked to will probably have a better idea.

pontiac005 likes this.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Could I have a moderator move this thead to the correct forum then?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast