Samsung Galaxy S3 Dock mode problem

Ryan8155

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Yo guys, got my S3 bout 3-4 weeks ago, great phone love it. Got a slight problem though sometimes at random intervals in the day my S3 will think its in dock mode and it will continuously go in and out of dock mode for around 10 seconds, also when i'm trying to charge the phone it will only charge when i am holding the USB cable so the phone is at an angle. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks guys :)

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Does the dock mode issue appear whether there is a cable connected or not? If so, the combination of issues makes me think the micro-USB socket on the phone is defective / damaged. If it only happens when the cable is connected, it's possibly a bad cable, so try a different one.

Ronald Matematico

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
i have the same problem with my s3. I already test the cable with another s3 and its working fine but when i connect it on my phone the dock mode appears. theres no issue with the battery and cable because i also test it with the other s3

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Ronald,
As the previous poster noted, it's probably a hardware problem with your phone. Since the carrier/Samsung is going to require it anyway before you can get a replacement, you should do a Factory Reset, and before loading any apps/updates check for this behavior - if it still occurs, your phone is the problem. If it doesn't occur then some app that you installed/updated was causing the problem.
Remember to sync your contacts and make a backup of any data you care about before doing the Factory Reset.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Napster Alran

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
i know its a bit late to use this phone now but i got it from my relatives abroad and the model is galaxy s3 lte i9035 version 4g. All i was facing was the dock issue which popped out during the usb connectivity, on plugging to charge, while it was irritating, i tried to disable it but all i can do was disable the dock sound in accessory setting but nothing helped. After lot of googling i found that nothing much was helpful except for the rooting of device and disabling / freezing the dock with titanium backup. Another forum had a discussion saying to use app called invisible dock which even didnot work for me. finally when i connected my mobile to my mac i realised that a pop screen called page buddy shows up on activation of the dock mode on the home page. all i did was enter in to the settings on the popped out pagebuddy and deactivated it. As of now everything is going cool and nice with out the dock mode irritation popout. hope this helps KIDDO!!!

mokaddesh Hossan

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
Yo guys, got my S3 bout 3-4 weeks ago, great phone love it. Got a slight problem though sometimes at random intervals in the day my S3 will think its in dock mode and it will continuously go in and out of dock mode for around 10 seconds, also when i'm trying to charge the phone it will only charge when i am holding the USB cable so the phone is at an angle. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks guys :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781