Mixing old and new text messages?

hbf5

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I am currently using Handcent SMS on my 8 month old Galaxy S3. For the past couple of months, my phone has been doing a very weird thing: it mixes old text messages with new text messages. I never get the jumbled messages, I only send them. For example, my phone just sent this message to my friend:
"Oh hahaha that's funny, my sister's birthday is on mother's day and yours is on father's day. Well, if you feel like turning into a rainbow on your birthdaprejuicios".
Obviously at the end, "birthdaprejuicios", is where it mixed. The first part of that message is a message I sent a month ago, whereas the "prejuicios" part was the end of a text that I sent a few minutes ago. Why is this happening?
I have had a lot of problems with Handcent SMS (all my messages and conversations disappearing, all my contact names turning into "anonymous", pictures refusing to send, messages taking hours to send), but not nearly as many problems as I have had with the stock application, so I definitely will not be switching to the stock application.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, and it would be nice if you could keep it as simple as possible because I'm not really a technology person.

tat21985

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I've never dabbled in Handcent.. May I suggest trying out GoSMS? Very deep in customization options, and light years better than the stock app.. Best of all, it's free!

hbf5

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I have seen a lot of people recommend GoSMS. I will try installing that and see how it works. Thanks :)
This phone is giving me so many problems! Today I can't get it to connect to my iMac. I have Android File Transfer installed, but it says no phone is connected, and my phone says the file transfer application isn't installed. I have tried unplugging, changing to camera mode, restarting the file transfer application, etc., but nothing works.
Gosh, I am never buying an android again. This is my third one (had the Droid and Droid X before this), and I have hated all three of them. I love my Macs, I can't wait to get an iPhone...in a year and a half when my contract is up :(

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
"For the past couple of months" - did these problems start around the time your phone received an OTA to Jelly Bean?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2