Problems with YouTube and my Samsung Galaxy S3

Focushim

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I'm new to this forum and glad to be here.

I just got the S3 for 2 days ago.

I have a slightly annoying problem.
I love to just randomly surf the Youtube and browse some videos, but whenever I launch the app and I get into Youtube then click on a video, Youtube freezes and after a few seconds
"Youtube has stopped working" also mentioning "Network error 500" (The internet should not be a problem since I use wifi and I got strong signal and so on)
Also I've tried uinstalling the app and reinstalling the updates still gives me the same result -> Crash and error.
Also tried cleaning the cache but still no luck.

Are you guys having this problem, just so I know - so I can sit back and relax while Google takes their 6 months to make a even worse update.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Re: Problems with Youtube and my Samsung Galaxy S3

Try clearing YouTube's data and cache:

Settings / Application Manager
Scroll right to the "All" tab
Scroll down until you see Youtube, then tap that row
Tap on the clear cache and clear data icons

dlinares90

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

And if that doesn't work, a factory data reset might do the trick. Just be sure to have all your information backed up.

dominick

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

download the Freedi Youtube player from Play and see if you get the same result. You're on wifi, you cleared cache, reinstalled with updates... i think you did pretty much everything most folks would do =/

or maybe logout of youtube/google and log back in?

cheers/dom

Focushim

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site

Try clearing YouTube's data and cache:

Settings / Application Manager
Scroll right to the "All" tab
Scroll down until you see Youtube, then tap that row
Tap on the clear cache and clear data icons

As I said in the start post I've already tried that with no luck, but thanks anyway!

Cheers.

Focushim

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site

And if that doesn't work, a factory data reset might do the trick. Just be sure to have all your information backed up.

Aw, I just think it's weird since Youtube is the only thing that does this - I surely doubt the factory data reset would do the trick since everything else is working excellent and I've gotten enough trouble to get everything to look as good as possible, many themes etc.

Thanks for the reply!

Focushim

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site

download the Freedi Youtube player from Play and see if you get the same result. You're on wifi, you cleared cache, reinstalled with updates... i think you did pretty much everything most folks would do =/

or maybe logout of youtube/google and log back in?

cheers/dom

Hey thanks for the app, wierd enough this works flawless but Youtube doesn't.
Thing is I can't even login without it crashing (Youtube, not Freedi ~)
But I think I'll use the app you gave me, since it seem to work out pretty nice, maybe not a visual beauty, but does its work - at least until they maybe come with a update on Youtube that fixes this.

Thanks and cheers!

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

As I said in the start post I've already tried that with no luck, but thanks anyway!

Cheers.

You said you cleared cache. I suggested you clear cache and data. Did you try that? Also, after clearing cache and data, force stop the program so it has to restart.

Focushim

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site

You said you cleared cache. I suggested you clear cache and data. Did you try that? Also, after clearing cache and data, force stop the program so it has to restart.

Yeah I meant I cleared the data and the cache clears automatically little minor mistake when typing and not thinking, sorry.
Also force stop the program still no luck.. Thanks for your suggestions!

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

Very odd. I'm afraid I have no other ideas at the moment, but if something occurs to me I'll come back and post it.

Campbell Hill

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site

I just factory reset my galaxy s3 because of some problems and when ever I try to get on the youtube app it says "your account isent linked to a youtube account. I've made and account but it still doesn't work and I've already cleared the cache and the data I've soft reaet my phone also are there any tips on how to fix it

auggiem

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site

To fix problem mentioned before last problem I changed the Google acct that I had entered at the startip of phone. The original one may have been blocked by youtube a long time ago. Not sure if just redoing it worked or problem with acct. But it worked.

Thalia Ramirez

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site

Hi sorry to bother I'm having the same issue with youtube, &videos on facebook... I tried resetting my phone, I've turned it off and back on again then I got to youtube and one video will play no issues then I try another and says tap to retry.... its not a wifi problem since im using it as I type... I cleared cache,& data and forced stopped I don't think it might be an issue just with youtube but the whole media player.... any suggestions on what I can do please its getting on my nerves I just want to break it lol... thanks in advance! Oh its a samsung galaxy s3 btw:)

hatecrew00

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site

Hi sorry to bother I'm having the same issue with youtube, &videos on facebook... I tried resetting my phone, I've turned it off and back on again then I got to youtube and one video will play no issues then I try another and says tap to retry.... its not a wifi problem since im using it as I type... I cleared cache,& data and forced stopped I don't think it might be an issue just with youtube but the whole media player.... any suggestions on what I can do please its getting on my nerves I just want to break it lol... thanks in advance! Oh its a samsung galaxy s3 btw:)

hatecrew00

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site

Go to YouTube settings for uploads. Change from wifi only to any network/mobile network. Will solve your problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay