Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Stop vibrating .... How do i do it / can i do it?

Can someone please tell me how you CANCEL VIBRATION COMPLETELY??? I just want my phone to ring...don't care what kind of ringtone it is...but I am sick if the constant vibrations for a missed text or a missed call...IT ANNOYS THE HELL OUT OF ME!

Default Re: Stop vibrating .... How do i do it / can i do it?

Quote Originally Posted by ynager65 View Post
    can someone please tell me how you cancel vibration completely??? I just want my phone to ring...don't care what kind of ringtone it is...but i am sick if the constant vibrations for a missed text or a missed call...it annoys the hell out of me!
    settings ->sound ->vibration intensity ->slide all of them far left
    settings ->sound ->uncheck sound and vibration

I'm sorry, but some people don't deserve smart phones.

First thing I do if I want to change a 'setting', is visit the settings menu (as described by the fine lad above me).
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

hmmm some people shouldn't speak their mind without checking the damn facts...

This DOES NOT CANCEL THE VIBRATING...I would not have asked if I had not tried that first...

So O POWERFUL OZ...any other suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by YNAGER65 View Post
    hmmm some people shouldn't speak their mind without checking the damn facts...

This DOES NOT CANCEL THE VIBRATING...I would not have asked if I had not tried that first...

So O POWERFUL OZ...any other suggestions?
    Lets try an not be sarcastic or mean, next time maybe state u checked in settings it may help from anyone assuming u didnt...Im not sure of any other way have you gone individually into the apps and removing the vibrate option? maybe take the plunge and root if its botherin u so much..

When is your phone vibrating? For alerts, or alarms, or when you touch the screen, or only when using the keyboard, or....?

Describing the problem in more detail will help us narrow down the issue. It's like calling your doctor long-distance and saying "My head hurts, what should I do?" The respone may be a lot different if the reason you don't feel good is because you have a headache, or because you just got shot in the head.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I wouldn't have been snippy if there wasnt the smartassed comment about some people not deserving smart phones...whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

The phone gives a reminder noticification on every missed call and every text if it is not read after the roiginal notification.

I have done both of the following:

settings ->sound ->vibration intensity ->slide all of them far left
    settings ->sound ->uncheck sound and vibration

Factory reset if the only thing I haven't tried so far.

Most applications have their own Settings menu, SMS and Phone included. When you are in either of those apps, open the menu, find Settings and then Notification or Sounds or something similar. There you find the box to uncheck for Vibrate.
    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

ok tyvm I will try that

Could it be that you're talking about the smart alert setting? It vibrates to let you know you have missed notifications. Only supposed to do it when you pick up the phone, but obviously with the technology detecting such motion being imperfect, it often vibrates when you move the phone a certain way, or if the surface beneath your phone (ex desk) does.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2