Galaxy S3: How can I see the screen in the sunlight?

FuzzyB

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
What is the best way to set up the device to be able to see the screen outside? I go to my son's sporting events and when I am out it would be nice to be able to see the screen when it is sunny out...anyone have a suggestion on settings?

Last edited by a moderator:

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: How can I see the screen in the sunlight?

Turn up the brightness all the way... and then try and not to have the sun directly shining down on it... that's about the best you can do... lol

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site

Put it under your shirt and look down your shirt to view it. I've taken to doing that with my coat but soon no coat will be available.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site

Turn up the brightness all the way... and then try and not to have the sun directly shining down on it... that's about the best you can do... lol

Exactly what crester said but I wouldn't crank it that high. Probably a little above half.

TMO GS3 * NEXUS 7

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

Make sure the screen is clean. Any grease will make it exponentially harder to read. Don't wear sunglasses. You might also try putting the Negative colors widget on one of your home screens and see if reversing the colors makes it easier. I find that, most of the time, if I turn around and use my body to shade the screen I can read it OK.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site

Samsung screens sucks. Get a lcd screen phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

bassmig

May 25, 2012
Visit site

Get the app called Display Brightness it adds a small spot where you can adjust your screen brightness on the fly simply by swiping your finger. It can be placed on the side, top or corner of the screen and after a few tries it becomes second nature to raise the screen brightness as necessary. Since I got this app I never use auto brightness (which I found out by fluke that you can set by using 2 fingers) Here's the link to the app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=rubberbigpepper.DisplayBrightness&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDMsInJ1YmJlcmJpZ3BlcHBlci5EaXNwbGF5QnJpZ2h0bmVzcyJd

FuzzyB

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

Get the app called Display Brightness it adds a small spot where you can adjust your screen brightness on the fly simply by swiping your finger. It can be placed on the side, top or corner of the screen and after a few tries it becomes second nature to raise the screen brightness as necessary. Since I got this app I never use auto brightness (which I found out by fluke that you can set by using 2 fingers) Here's the link to the app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=rubberbigpepper.DisplayBrightness&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDMsInJ1YmJlcmJpZ3BlcHBlci5EaXNwbGF5QnJpZ2h0bmVzcyJd

I downloaded this app...gonna give it a go. Thanks for the tip!

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site

You say that yet your Nexus phone is made by Samsung... *rolleyes*

OK FYI I have a nexus 4 and it's screen Is way better outside then my Samsung Galaxy nexus.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

bassmig

May 25, 2012
Visit site

Out of curiosity, how do you set auto brightness with two fingers?

If you put one finger over your display brightness slider and then tap the screen with your other finger it toggles auto brightness on and off. I found this by accident a few months ago.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

If you put one finger over your display brightness slider and then tap the screen with your other finger it toggles auto brightness on and off. I found this by accident a few months ago.

Interesting. Doesn't seem to work for me. Thanks.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site

Assuming all sliders are the same, just tap the "sun/spotlight" on the left of the slider.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

questionanswer

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site

If you turn off power saving mode your screen brightness will get much brighter even if you have increased the brightness level all the way. When you are back inside turn the power saving mode back on to save on battery life. I am outside right now using my s3 under bright sun and it works great. Enjoy!

Newbietabletman

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site

I have a Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet.I recently bought a Parrot AR drone,controlled with my Galaxy Tab,so seeing the screen is vital for outdoor flights in full sun.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781