Not receiving texts but I can send them - HELP PLEASE!

chloe2013

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I just came back from abroad a couple of days ago and I can send text messages but not receive them from friends. I am with 3 network with my Samsung Galaxy S3 and have tried changing some settings and restarted and took out the SIM card for my phone, etc. I only then receive messages later once 3 helpline texted me then numerous texts came through after that one text. It happened again then again, my texts came through late. My texts take ages to come through, even hours. May someone tell me how to fix this problem so I can receive texts when they are actually sent by my friends? :)

chloe2013

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I took my sim card out then put it back in. I disconnected mobile data when I was abroad. I don't know what the settings should be, etc? Could you help please?

famouzstarz#AC

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
im not sure what service provider your using so i cant really point you in any direction as far as apn settings,

if on att:

Go to the APN and reset to default with a CSC of BTU. AT&Ts APN is there.

Gayle Campbell

May 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm having similar problems and I'm with tesco mobile. Getting some texts but not all and have reset my phone and took out sim but still doesn't work.

Gina Todd

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same issue. I can send but not receive .....now here is what I can tell you after spending time on monitoring this issue. I can send out to everyone, I CAN RECEIVE FROM EVERYONE THAT IS NOT AT&T.
NOW, IF THOSE MESSAGES ARE IN A GROUP TEXT... THEN I AM ABLE TO RECEIVE. ON ANOTHER ISSUE, I HAVE SENT A PICTURE TO ONE FRIEND (this friend is also with AT&T) AND THEN HE WAS ABLE TO RESPOND AND NOW WE ARE ABLE TO TEXT BACK AND FORTH.
Please can you assist me with getting this fixed.
Gina:'(

John Guillory

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I called AT&T and they helped me buy me starting off my phone they sent signals to my phone to make sure was on and it works fine after that.I hope that helped because I couldn't figure out any other way.

Jay Couse

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Cannot receive TXT from one (very important) number where there is failed draft msg with a photo attached. I can see on the home screen that a new message has come from that phone number but when I try to open the messages from that particular account it displays the draft symbol (from the previous failed transmission). When I click on it I get an error message that messaging has failed. I tried to find options to clear cache or delete the app and re install. According to post factory resets may not fix this issue. I do not believe that deleting the contact would have any impact on this problem. New Rogers Wireless Samsung S3 (July 2013). Please assist

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Jay,
If you delete that particular thread (long-press on the thread) can the sender resend the MMS?
What does it show on the sender's phone - was the message sent successfully? Has this particular sender been able to send other MMS to you successfully?
What Messaging app are you using?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Jay Couse

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Problem solved. Long hold on the offending txt message (presents a new menu) cleared the buffers and the error condition is removed. Everything now working. Thanks a lot

isurfer

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Old thread but absolutely relevant to my problem:

So, I can make and receive local and international calls.
I can send local and international SMS messages.
But I can only receive SMS from local numbers!

My provider is Orange (Poland) and I am currently in Poland (so no roaming issues etc.).
My device is Samsung Galaxy S3 mini, but I have tried with other device as well - problem remains.
I have requested (and got) new SIM card - problem remains.
Orange say everything is OK on their end, and I am stuck.
Any ideas?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma