Google Calendar App not syncing to Google Calendar online

fred95901

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
I have a calendar set up on my gs3, many events and want to sync with Google calendar on my pc. After I loaded the google cal. app on my phone everything synced then I looked at the calendar on the pc and nothing was there. Then I made a new entry and it synced fine across all calendars. How do I get the previous events to sync???
Thanks

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I don't know if this will work. I kind of doubt it, but it's easy enough to try. Go into the Application manager (in setings), and clear cache for the calendar app. If you have multiple calendar apps, clear cache for all of them. Then go to Settings / Accounts, and manually sync your google account.

If that doesn't work, I know of at least one pay-for Calendar app that will let you change the calendar appointments sync to on appt by appt basis, one at a time: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...=com.pimlicosoftware.PimlicalA&token=o3UiYNL5

There may be free calendar apps that would allow this to, but you'll just have to try them and see.

The only other option would be to create new duplicate appointments, then delete the old ones.

FreddyTech

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. I'm not sure why either, but when I uninstalled Google Calendar, my Samsung Calendar app wouldn't sync properly anymore (it was missing a bunch of events). After reinstalling the Google App, everything works fine again. I would guess it's something to do with the way the settings pull info.

manilenio

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
I didn't like the Google Calendar app, and I decided to find a different calendar app that had the bells and whistles I liked. When I found one that I felt was okay (SolCalendar), I backed up the GCal app's apk, then uninstalled it. After that, even if the SolCal app was synced to my gmail account where my calendar is linked to, my events wouldn't populate. It also happened with another calendar app which I tried just to prove my theory. It turns out, if you don't have the GCal app installed, your Google calendar events will not show up on whatever calendar app you use. In the end, I uninstalled the other calendar apps and stuck with GCal instead because I didn't want to use up my phone's storage space for multiple apps that did the same thing. Of course I could choose to shun Google calendar completely and just use the local calendar (phone's calendar) so I could use my own calendar choice, but that means there would be no syncing. And if I had to move to a different phone, I'm back to square one.

Ah well.

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Unlike some others here, I've had no trouble making Google calendar the default on a Samsung calendar. In the Samsung calendar settings, be sure to uncheck My Calendar from the list of calendars to display.

Posted via the Android Central App

Hamp

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I give up. :-\ I just upgraded my GS3 to a Note 4 about two weeks ago, updated to Lollipop 5.0 and I can no longer get my calendar to sync with my google account. All I get is a sync error when I check Settings/Accounts. The calendar option is no longer available in the account settings in Android 5.0 whereas in KitKat (4.4) it was. WTH Google!

I have tried ALL of the steps mentioned in this thread...sync this, delete that, clear those......EVERYTHING and it doesn't work. I've tried to create a test event online using my gmail account, made sure all settings were correct both on my device and online, and even ensured my old GS3 was not syncing with the calendar app.

When I try to add my account by going into the settings menu of the calendar app, it says the account already exists. I even tried deleting my Google account and adding it after the fact. No joy. Also, I can't create an event on the calendar app on my Note 4. The keyboard shows up when I press "add event" but typing yields no results..nada, nothing shows up!

If anyone has a fix for this (not previously mentioned here), PLEASE, PLEASE ADVISE! I am at my wits end and just ready to move to another calendar app outside of the stock app in Lollipop and the Google Play Calendar because it's very frustrating.

Last edited:

Ragmiester

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I have nearly the same problem but I did not upgrade ans am using android 4.4.2 and have been. Driving me crazy !!! Help Please

See next post

Last edited:

Ragmiester

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
This might help those whose calendar has stopped working on their phones. If when you go to your accounts and open your google account then touch to open the sync settings you no longer see the "Sync Calender" choice.
I have found in my case that if I go to my application manager and view the "TURNED OFF" section that there "Calendar storage" and Calendar widget" turned off. I turned them bavck on and my Phone again would sync with my google calendar on my PC. I have no Idea how they got turned off but this fixed it for me.

I hope this may help some of you to see if you have something turned off.