Google Calendar App not syncing to Google Calendar online

DroidN3WB

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi there,

I am finding when I put something into the Google calendar app on my phone, the time is completely different when I go online and login into google to see what I scheduled. For example, I'll put 10:30-1 Doctors appointment on my phone but when I go on google calendar online it'll say 6-9PM.

The same thing happens if I enter information online - so say I put 2-4PM school, if I look on my phone it'll appear at some random time like 5-7 or something.

Is there any way to fix this? I like using Google calendar because it's clean and simple and I got a widget that displays all my appointments nicely on the front screen. Is there any other calendar app that can do the same thing if this is unfixable? I was looking forward to being able to edit my calendar online and having it go right to my phone but this is ridiculous.

Thanks for all your help

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi there,

I am finding when I put something into the Google calendar app on my phone, the time is completely different when I go online and login into google to see what I scheduled. For example, I'll put 10:30-1 Doctors appointment on my phone but when I go on google calendar online it'll say 6-9PM.

The same thing happens if I enter information online - so say I put 2-4PM school, if I look on my phone it'll appear at some random time like 5-7 or something.

Is there any way to fix this? I like using Google calendar because it's clean and simple and I got a widget that displays all my appointments nicely on the front screen. Is there any other calendar app that can do the same thing if this is unfixable? I was looking forward to being able to edit my calendar online and having it go right to my phone but this is ridiculous.

Thanks for all your help

Try going into Settings>Application Manager>swipe over to All Apps>Calendar>then tap clear cache. Then resync to Google. If that doesn't work, go through the same steps to Application Manager and delete data, and re sync.

tabletnovice

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm no expert by any means so take what I have to say with a grain of salt.

I had similar problems with Google Calendar: I'd post an appointment via my computer but it wouldn't appear on the GS3 calendar app that was pre-installed on the S3 even though they were synched. So I downloaded and installed the Goog Calendar App from the playstore (blue & white icon). Now everything is working perfectly and problem-free; I have no idea why it works or if this is the best approach. I only know it does work and without any problems.

I have two GC apps on my phone, but only click the original, pre-installed (Green and White) icon to access the calendar on my phone.

149635009.7NQJK6cy.googcalendar.jpg

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like it's as simple as changing your time zones. I'm guessing it is saying one time zone on your phone but UTC on your online calendar as that is the default.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

Jemcne7

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I have a similar but different issue. Things I put into my calendar on my Samsung calendar app appear correctly in my on-line Google Calendar. However things I put into my on-line calendar do not show up on my Samsung cell phone. Any help would be appreciated

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
That's a new one on me. Usually it's the other way around. Do you possibly have multiple on-line calendars that are linked together, but only one of them is linked to the phone?

Goyo Goyong

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Thanks tabletnovice. I had deleted the blue calendar as I thought it was duplicating what the green one was doing. Then my calendar stopped syncing. Reinstalled the blue calendar and all works well. Thanks again for the tip.

tlwmomof3

May 14, 2013
Visit site
When adding something to my google calendar, it would show up on my Galaxy S3, but not vise versa. I downloaded the google calendar app and now it works! Thank you so much for the tip! I am a mobile notary & doc signing agent so my calendar is extremely important. Thanks again!

Michael Porto

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I thought the same and deleted the "Blue" calendar app...then started to notice a few days later my calendar did not sync. I re-installed the "Blue" calendar and now all calendars are syncing.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
To anyone reading this thread, at least on the S3, when you create an new event the default is ALWAYS on My calendar, meaning the Samsung calendar. You have to tap that to switch it to Google, but that switch does not stay. I have tried many times to try to change the default to Google but to no avail. I have had no problems running two apps at once. It sucks....but what can you do? Other than us starting a petition to Samsung...lol.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I have found the same issue and had to install the Google calendar on my S3 to successfully sync with Google. Problem is that turning off notifications on either calendar doesn't stick and I keep getting duplicate notifications. I like the Samsung calendar better in one respect. It allows me to see participant availability when scheduling a meeting (on Exchange) and I can't find a way to do this with Google Calendar. I'd be fine with Google Calendar if it weren't for this feature. Does anyone know of any way to turn notifications off on one of the calendars and make them stay off permanently?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I have found the same issue and had to install the Google calendar on my S3 to successfully sync with Google. Problem is that turning off notifications on either calendar doesn't stick and I keep getting duplicate notifications. I like the Samsung calendar better in one respect. It allows me to see participant availability when scheduling a meeting (on Exchange) and I can't find a way to do this with Google Calendar. I'd be fine with Google Calendar if it weren't for this feature. Does anyone know of any way to turn notifications off on one of the calendars and make them stay off permanently?

You don't need to install a different calendar. When creating an appointment, you just need to tell the phone you want the even stored as a Google calendar event, rather than a "My Calendar" event. Once you've done that once, the phone should default to Google for all subsequent events, unless you change it manually again.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
You don't need to install a different calendar. When creating an appointment, you just need to tell the phone you want the even stored as a Google calendar event, rather than a "My Calendar" event. Once you've done that once, the phone should default to Google for all subsequent events, unless you change it manually again.
That wasn't my issue. I'm trying to disable notifications permanently from the Google Calendar. Even though I turn them off they seem to turn themselves back on again. Samsung calendar does the same thing so I'm getting two notifications for every appointment.

mjohansing

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I just had this error myself. i went to the calendar app, and it had no cache to clear. so i went to the calendar storage, and cleared data. Then re-synced. That worked like a charm.
Thanks

TimBoch

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I just had this error myself. i went to the calendar app, and it had no cache to clear. so i went to the calendar storage, and cleared data. Then re-synced. That worked like a charm.
Thanks

This worked for me too. Thanks for the help. I hope I don't have to do this often to keep Google calendar synced to my Android phone.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

PM Lim

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi there - I had the same problem and just discovered the reason why! My phone is set to UK (where I am), but when I registered for google account I was living in Malaysia, so the datetime setting was Malaysian time zone.

When I changed it to GMT, the time synced properly.

Hope that helps!

Sophia Liu

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your suggestion. After following your tip to clear the data under Calendar settings, all works well. The calendar syncs nicely. Really appreciate your help. You make my life easier.. A lot!!! Thanks!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae