1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default need help with my samsung galaxy s3. it has a few problems. i hope these things will be resolved.

My samsung galaxy is about half a year old or probably more. But recently it started acting up on me. 1.) The sd card wont read almost everyday and i have to restart my phone for it to work and i have to do this a few times not just once. And 2.) The music player installed in this phone is annoying. I put together a playlist and then suddenly it will all disappear. This happened all the time. I think this two problems are related to each other as i save my downloaded music in my sd card so i hope someone has suggestions in solving this, i would appreciate it so much. Thanks.

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Default Re: need help with my samsung galaxy s3. it has a few problems. i hope these things will be resolved

what type/brand of sd card are you using? Several threads here dedicated to this issue and I recall one specifically noting a recall by Sandisk , though others using different brands also have reported problems. I believe most resorted to getting carrier to replace phone as Samsung was not acknowledging any problem. Search "sd card problem" in this forum for specifics. Good luck.
    Last edited by hitsmanj; 04-12-2013 at 05:03 AM.

Default Re: need help with my samsung galaxy s3. it has a few problems. i hope these things will be resolved

It's also possible to have a dying or bad SD card. They have a finite number of read/writes which means the life expectancy is limited. You could probably double your capacity now for the price you paid for the first SD card. No matter the cause I would get in the practice of backing up the contents of your SD to your PC on a regular basis. When bad things happen at least you'll have a recent backup.
    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

The disappearing playlist has been reported by a couple of people, I think, so that may not be related to the SD card. There are quite a few aftermarket music players. MixZing is good, many people like doubleTwist, and PowerAmp is probably the most popular. I think they're all free, so give them a try.

The first thing I'd suggest trying with the SD card is to dismount it (or turn the phone off), remove it from the phone, and reinsert it. Maybe do that a few times, to make sure it's making good contact. If that doesn't work, back up any information you don't want to lose and reformat it with the phone (not a computer). If that doesn't solve the problem, try a different card.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3