Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By meyerweb
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Firmware help needed!

My galaxy s3 from at&t came stock as 4.1.1 i747. I flashed the CyanogenMod 10.1 4.2.2 rom, but I later discovered I wanted the stock 4.1.2 Jelly bean because of the features in the gallery, such as creating folders. Is there anyway I can flash the stock 4.1.2 Jelly bean ROM on my Samsung galaxy s3 i747 at&t? If so where can I find the downloads?

Default Re: Firmware help needed!

Not available yet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by kulamachining View Post
    My galaxy s3 from at&t came stock as 4.1.1 i747. I flashed the CyanogenMod 10.1 4.2.2 rom, but I later discovered I wanted the stock 4.1.2 Jelly bean because of the features in the gallery, such as creating folders. Is there anyway I can flash the stock 4.1.2 Jelly bean ROM on my Samsung galaxy s3 i747 at&t? If so where can I find the downloads?
    Here's some google links.

TMO GS3 * NEXUS 7

Quote Originally Posted by geekymcfly View Post
    Here's some google links.
    OP, be aware that none of those links are for the stock JB 4.1.2 ROM. brkaras is correct that that doesn't exist yet. Those links are all for 3rd party ROMs, which may work great or may have annoying bugs. If you want to try them, make sure you make a nandroid backup of your current, working configuration first.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
    geekymcfly likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

How do I know when it will be available?

How do I know when it will be available?

Has far as the official stock 4.1.2 you'll be notified by ota. You'll also be notified by someone either on this forum/some blog/or some app like drippler. Now about a rom you can use that link i posted and search around for a stable stock rom which you can flash right now

TMO GS3 * NEXUS 7

You don't. No one, except maybe people in Samsung and the carriers know.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S3. Please forgive any typos or auto-correct errors.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Is there anyway to get the Samsung features back on it such as S voice, S memo etc.?

There's no way to add them to CM.

You can flash the original AT&T ROM, or look for a modified Touchwiz based ROM. Just make sure any ROM you flash is designed specifically for the AT&T S3. All S3 ROMs are not alike.

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Does the stock ROM come with the Samsung features or do I have to download them separately

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts

I believe those are the latest stock firmware files, don't know what OS versions they are. I'm on cm 10.1.

Use the search function on here and XDA site and you should find answers.. Btw, Kula, Hawaii?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747

Does the stock ROM come with the Samsung features or do I have to download them separately

The stock ROM should included everything. BTW, note that there is an AT&T specific subforum here, and under that a Rooting subforum specific to the AT&T Galaxy S3. That's probably a better place to look for answers to questions about ROMs for your phone.

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Thanks, its polish

14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

I don't see the subform. Could you include the link please?

You seem to be very knowledgeable about this stuff, I NEED HELP!!!! Ive been jailbreaking and rooting phones for about 8 years or so and I made the dumbest error in the world.... Long story short, I tried to root my galaxy s3 and used wrong root... Im stuck in "firmware upgrade went wrong!!!!" (that's not exactly what iwww.sammobile.com/firmwares/1.?model=sch-I535t says but I think you understand), anyway, I can ALSO get to my downloading screen, but the long and short of it is I need the stock firmware to load through odin. My phone is a Galaxy s3 model # sch-s960L and its through straight talk / tracfone. since its through those carriers you know I spent 430 bucks on the thing and had it 3 HOURS before I BECAME THE DUMBEST PERSON ON EARTH!!!! I am afraid the stock firmware does not exist... I am willing to donate to ANYONE who can get my phone back to how it was before or even tell me how or where to look.... even tell me where to take the phone. If you can help, (I have never posted or asked for help so I don't know protocol) just email me at [email address removed]. I appreciate you even reading something that took pure ignorance to accomplish!!!
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 06-02-2013 at 11:10 AM.

I don't see the subform. Could you include the link please?
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-galaxy-s-iii/

The same thing happened to me! I have a galaxy s3 that i got from StraightTalk with the model number SCH-S960L. I tried to root, but now it only turns on for 2 seconds then stops working altogether. I have to take the battery out to "reset" it. I can still go into download mode and recovery mode, but nothing works.

What procedure did you follow to root, and what ROM did you try to flash?

Well first I downloaded Odinv3.07. Then I got this file "CF-Auto-Root-t0ltevzw-t0ltevzw-schi605.tar.md5" from the autoroot.chainfire.eu website. I tried to flash the phone, and it said it worked. But when it tried to reset, it couldn't. It would turn on for about 2 seconds then turn off. If I try to turn it on, it would only turn on for 2 seconds then shut off. I can still get it into download mode, but I can't find a firmware for the model # SCH-S960L

did anybody figure out how to root the sch-s960l?

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jerry00020001 View Post
    Well first I downloaded Odinv3.07. Then I got this file "CF-Auto-Root-t0ltevzw-t0ltevzw-schi605.tar.md5" from the autoroot.chainfire.eu website. I tried to flash the phone, and it said it worked. But when it tried to reset, it couldn't. It would turn on for about 2 seconds then turn off. If I try to turn it on, it would only turn on for 2 seconds then shut off. I can still get it into download mode, but I can't find a firmware for the model # SCH-S960L
    isn't that for note 2 verizon?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta