Galaxy S3 Screen Not Working?

flygirldi

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
You are BRILLIANT. :) Thank you so much for your help. This worked for me. It's a great work around until I can afford to replace my phone. Thanks again. I really appreciate your time and detailed response.

It sounds like something has happened to the proximity sensor.
As a workaround you can try this - start the Phone app, press the Menu button, select Call settings, then uncheck "Auto screen off during calls"http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/04/duzeve3y.jpgEdit: In that same menu you can also select 'Call answering/ending', then in the next screen enable 'The power key ends calls'.http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/04/yba4e8e2.jpgSent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited by a moderator:

iFebby

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
You are BRILLIANT. :) Thank you so much for your help. This worked for me. It's a great work around until I can afford to replace my phone. Thanks again. I really appreciate your time and detailed response.

What phone model is your s3? The proximity sensor cost about $10 to 20$. It's a flex cable that works together with your front facing camera. Just thought I'd toss this in here to avoid you having to buy a new phone just for that.

Here is an example of it for the att model.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...nt-Camera-Proximity-Sensor-Flex-/141004108757

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Maria Lugo

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
My SIII's screen doesnt respond to touch. The screen works, the keys under the screen work as well, the power and volume works as well but the screen doesnt respond to touch. I took out the battery, i did a factory reset on the phone and it still doesnt work. I had this problem exactly one month ago and somehow the touch just started working after i touched the top left corner of the screen and slid my finger down. I need my phone for work..

iFebby

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
My SIII's screen doesnt respond to touch. The screen works, the keys under the screen work as well, the power and volume works as well but the screen doesnt respond to touch. I took out the battery, i did a factory reset on the phone and it still doesnt work. I had this problem exactly one month ago and somehow the touch just started working after i touched the top left corner of the screen and slid my finger down. I need my phone for work..

If you look at a couple of . post above yours you can see a couple of solutions I wrote. I'll send them as a message as well. =)

----------------------------

-Phillip

Roy Dan

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the AndroidCentral forum and see a lot of similar posts that I hope will helping me fix my Galaxy S3. My phone drop facing down and after replace LCD screen for SGS3 it show dark image nothing display. When press power on still can hear sound, light on, and charging fine. Perform a "manufacture reset" is still not resolve the issue?

Any tips and would appreciated.

Have a nice day.

Roy...

iFebby

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the AndroidCentral forum and see a lot of similar posts that I hope will helping me fix my Galaxy S3. My phone drop facing down and after replace LCD screen for SGS3 it show dark image nothing display. When press power on still can hear sound, light on, and charging fine. Perform a "manufacture reset" is still not resolve the issue?

Any tips and would appreciated.

Have a nice day.

Roy...

Did you do the replacement of the lcd yourself or paid someone to do it? If so it's possible that you/fixing tech didn't connect the cables properly to the board. Worse case at this point is that you got a defective LCD and you should request a replacement but make sure everything is . properly connected before you go requesting a replacement.

- Phillip

Javi Vilcapoma

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
my screen is also having the same problem but mine was after a fall, the screen is just completly black but the phone vibrates and the led flashes would this be the digitizer??? how much would it cost me to fix it??? help please!!!!

iFebby

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
my screen is also having the same problem but mine was after a fall, the screen is just completly black but the phone vibrates and the led flashes would this be the digitizer??? how much would it cost me to fix it??? help please!!!!

Your lcd was damaged. You need to replaced the LCD unit which at this point will require changing the the front lcd housing if you want it to be swift and fast.

Read section A of this post I made earlier on url below or look couple of post above.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=2897038

- Phillip

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
It could require a new screen. It cold also be that the cable connection to the screen was knocked loose in the fall. Unfortunately, the only way to find out for sure is to take it someplace that has the ability to repair it.

Roy Dan

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Hello Phillip,

Generally, I'm love tech stuffs in this case. I do replace the LCD glass by myself and in previous 2 phones exactly replacement glass screen is working just fine. All connectors are assemble back together; I can heard sound and see bottom light show. The screen can feel touch with sound made in background.

I have done few search online....people comment on if is not carefully open the glass it might "damage LED connector" is that possible.
What do you think about that? Also, I can update the later stock firmware by connect to my PC.

Thank you for your response and any tips would help.
Roy--

iFebby

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello Phillip,

Generally, I'm love tech stuffs in this case. I do replace the LCD glass by myself and in previous 2 phones exactly replacement glass screen is working just fine. All connectors are assemble back together; I can heard sound and see bottom light show. The screen can feel touch with sound made in background.

I have done few search online....people comment on if is not carefully open the glass it might "damage LED connector" is that possible.
What do you think about that? Also, I can update the later stock firmware by connect to my PC.

Thank you for your response and any tips would help.
Roy--

What could have happened to your device is that the LCD connector that connects to the motherboard became loose so you could open up your device (very easy) and make sure the flex cable from the LCD is connected properly.

Worse case at this point is that your LCD screen went bad which at this point removing the glass would be pointless unless you plan on selling your OEM glass part on eBay for scrap up cash (you can get perhaps $20 USD or so).

The reason I say removing the glass would be pointless is because on this device the glass to glued onto the digitizer and LCD and you won't be able to just remove the LCD if I remember correctly because the digitizer is attached to it?

I suggest you buy a brand new or used LCD housing part on eBay. They sell.for about 100$ to 150$ which includes the glass and digitizer with the LCD of course. You could also try a warranty replacement with samsung if your device has no water damage or noticeable damage.

- Phillip

Favorites

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Does the phone appear to work (turn on, ring / vibrate when called, the LED light up when charging), but the screen stays black? What model of S3 do you have (a carrier branded version, or the international one)? If it's carrier branded, what carrier?

I dropped my galaxy s3 phone and my screen broke. My phone appears to work, (turn on, ring / vibrate when called, the LED light up when charging), but the screen stays black. I have Verizon as my carrier, Samsung galaxy s3 i535. Can you help me?

iFebby

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I dropped my galaxy s3 phone and my screen broke. My phone appears to work, (turn on, ring / vibrate when called, the LED light up when charging), but the screen stays black. I have Verizon as my carrier, Samsung galaxy s3 i535. Can you help me?

Your LCD needs to be replaced. You can pay Samsung to replaced it for you or you can buy the LCD housing and replace it yourself.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Favorites

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Your LCD needs to be replaced. You can pay Samsung to replaced it for you or you can buy the LCD housing and replace it yourself.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Hi Febby, thanks for the response. Does this mean that I will have to use 140$ for the LCD + Digitizer to replace my phone? or can i just replace the screen for a cheaper alternative?

iFebby

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi Febby, thanks for the response. Does this mean that I will have to use 140$ for the LCD + Digitizer to replace my phone? or can i just replace the screen for a cheaper alternative?

Trying to replaced just the LCD would be just as expensive and more of a hassle as you would have to separate your current glass from the broken LCD which wouldnt provide an OEM experience anymore since you remove that glue (loca I think?) That helps provide an experience without touch issues.

Even i think its hard to find a LCD alone without the glass. I suggest you avoid the hassle by buying the LCD + digitizer+ glass combo. :)

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk 2

littlewingdebs

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi there, the touchscreen of my friend's S3 is not responding. He can press the Power button to view the screen but nothing else works.
He has a 9 month old baby who he let "gum" on the corner of the phone. I'm guessing some saliva got inside, or, baby was pressing on the home screen way too long!
I'm going to advise him to try all the things I've read here (great advice, btw), hopefully the factory reset will work.
Knowing the cause, do you think this might be all that's needed?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
No, he's probably going to need a replacement phone.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital