Locale Setting Causing Spam

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Over the past few days I noticed I have been getting Spam in my notification list. The ads were for dating sites, etc. I figured out that this was coming from an app called LOCALE SETTING. I installed this app initially to get Google Now to "talk to me". Other than that I don't have any use for it. I just wanted to share with you guys that this app is causing spam notification messages to show up on my phone in case you are having this problem too. I noticed in the reviews for this app on the Google Play store there are a bunch of reviews popping up showing that other people are getting spam as well.

Just wanted to share the info!

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
You don't need an app to get Google Now to talk to you. At least, gNow gives voice response to me w/o any extra apps. Make sure media volume is turned up, and that Google Text-to-speech hasn't been disabled.

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
You don't need an app to get Google Now to talk to you. At least, gNow gives voice response to me w/o any extra apps. Make sure media volume is turned up, and that Google Text-to-speech hasn't been disabled.

Been thru this before... I need this app. :) If you are not in the US... some people have trouble getting Google Now to talk. So basically with this app you change the "Locale" to US English and Google Now starts talking.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance