1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default keyboard coming up extremely slow, twitter notifications, what to do?

Right now im using swype beta. I tried swiftkey with the swype option, but it got a lot of the words wrong so i went back to swype, but swype wouldnt come up when i tried using it. I installed swype beta and now the keyboard takes a good moment to come up, Im talking about 30 seconds to a minute and it is annoying! Im also using handcent, but it also happens with anything that uses the keyboard(internet,youtube,etc) My other problem is ever since i went to jelly bean the stock twitter app doesnt show my notifications, i have them all turned on and still nothing. Anyone else had this problem? Should i just get another twitter app?

Default Re: keyboard coming up extremely slow, twitter notifications, what to do?

Make sure you have the latest Swype version:

Also, disable the Swype Connect and see if that makes any difference. Previous Swype versions had some delay issues.
    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Default Re: keyboard coming up extremely slow, twitter notifications, what to do?

Interesting. My Sprint GS3 updated a few weeks ago, and the OEM Swype was doing the same thing. It would take 5 or more seconds for the keyboard to actually show up. Reboots did nothing, and I couldn't find any settings to affect it. I installed the Swype beta last night and set that one as my default keyboard. It works perfectly fine now, and I actually like it better than the OEM version (themes too!).

I would suggest removing and re-installing the latest Swype beta. As for the Twitter notifications, I'm not able to provide any suggestions on that one.
    I will learn to love my Android devices! Long live webOS!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

swype beta worked great at first! no update so for the mean time i think im going to stick with swiftkey, at least it pops up fast. If anyone wants to recommend a different twitter app, the only thing i ask for is that it notifies me with mentions, favorites, and retweets
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Nobody else had this problem?

Struggled with the laggy Swype keyboard for months. Here's how I fixed it:

>Settings
    >Language and Input
    >Uncheck Google Voice Typing

----

That did the trick.