Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default keyboard coming up extremely slow, twitter notifications, what to do?

Right now im using swype beta. I tried swiftkey with the swype option, but it got a lot of the words wrong so i went back to swype, but swype wouldnt come up when i tried using it. I installed swype beta and now the keyboard takes a good moment to come up, Im talking about 30 seconds to a minute and it is annoying! Im also using handcent, but it also happens with anything that uses the keyboard(internet,youtube,etc) My other problem is ever since i went to jelly bean the stock twitter app doesnt show my notifications, i have them all turned on and still nothing. Anyone else had this problem? Should i just get another twitter app?

Default Re: keyboard coming up extremely slow, twitter notifications, what to do?

Make sure you have the latest Swype version:

Swype | Text Input for Screens

Also, disable the Swype Connect and see if that makes any difference. Previous Swype versions had some delay issues.

Default Re: keyboard coming up extremely slow, twitter notifications, what to do?

Interesting. My Sprint GS3 updated a few weeks ago, and the OEM Swype was doing the same thing. It would take 5 or more seconds for the keyboard to actually show up. Reboots did nothing, and I couldn't find any settings to affect it. I installed the Swype beta last night and set that one as my default keyboard. It works perfectly fine now, and I actually like it better than the OEM version (themes too!).

I would suggest removing and re-installing the latest Swype beta. As for the Twitter notifications, I'm not able to provide any suggestions on that one.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

swype beta worked great at first! no update so for the mean time i think im going to stick with swiftkey, at least it pops up fast. If anyone wants to recommend a different twitter app, the only thing i ask for is that it notifies me with mentions, favorites, and retweets
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Nobody else had this problem?

Struggled with the laggy Swype keyboard for months. Here's how I fixed it:

>Settings
    >Language and Input
    >Uncheck Google Voice Typing

----

That did the trick.