Serious phone & charging problems

manza_224

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I have a GSIII for five months and recently early of yesterday morning the phone wouldn't charge anymore. I brought a new data cable thinking that was the problem, but it will charge for a few minutes then stops again -- I also used my fianc? cable same thing, put it in another adapter same thing, PC same thing. I gave up for a little bit. Then later on that night the phone started turning itself on and off at random times which went on for about 30 minutes, after that it switched to factory mode it wouldn't let me do anything and drained all of the batter power of what I had left. So for a millionth time I tried charging it again, only this time the both data cable and the phone when they were connected stared burning, damaging the female and the male parts of the connectors. Now without a phone, stressing, I have no idea on what to do?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like a defective phone or, possibly, a defective battery. I'd take it back to your carrier store (if it's a carrier branded model) and see if they have another battery you can try. If it's not the battery, then it's time for a warranty repair. Contact Samsung support via their web site.