Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Viber problen on Galaxy S3

I have a problem that realy pisses me off, when i am sending regular sms messages to some of my contacts it doesnt come as regular sms but as a viber message...i use viber just to call couple of mu frends who live in other country but i dont need it for local numbers...please help me it is realy annoying i dont want to use viber for regular messaging
    Feni Bhsfe likes this.

Default Re: Viber problen on S3

I've never used Viber, but I would look at the settings in that app. Does it have it's own address book? Are the contacts who get the Viber messages in it's address book?

Does it put additional fields or actions in the standard contacts app that might be telling the phone to use Viber for those contacts? What happens if you install Handcent or another SMS app and use it instead of the standard messaging app?
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.

Go to applications settings, viber.
    Clear default, cache, and data. Message should default back to original messenger.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

Hi,

This is a member of the Viber R&D Team!
    We're here to assist.

You may disable this option on the settings menu, it's called: "Free reply with Viber". Please check: Android: Viber System Settings for more details.

Please feel free to let us know your thoughts, questions and comments, we'd be happy to assist.
    Thanks,
    Viber
    A member of the Viber R&D Team (Viber app.)

Hello

I have been facing an issue since Saturday. My viber is not working on s3 since I updated my viber version to the latest. It gives me the code and I enter that code but still it keeps saying invalid code. Can you please resolve this issue

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vishika View Post
    Hello

I have been facing an issue since Saturday. My viber is not working on s3 since I updated my viber version to the latest. It gives me the code and I enter that code but still it keeps saying invalid code. Can you please resolve this issue
    Please try removing Viber, wait 24 hours, reinstall and try again (make sure you try both the SMS and the automated call options).

In addition, you may try to register to Viber with a different number (for example - your home landline number, a friend's number, etc.), in order to determine whether the problem is specific with your number, or a general one.

Hi I installed Viber and now anytime I make or receive a call (on my phone network not Viber) my phone turns itself to silent. I removed Viber and it hasn't happened since. I really like using Viber snd would like to use it again. This has occurred a few times and always stops when I remove Viber

On my S3 I've just clear defaults and everything went back to normal. ;]
    Viber likes this.

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

@tonyandroid1234 -

Hi,
    What phone are you using? Which version of Android?
    Also, are you running a Custom ROM?

I have a Galaxy S3 mini
    The viber does not work on 3G networks.
    The Viber only works on wifi networks
    3G networks it is off

Remove the previous version and download new updated one..!

Uninstalled and reinstalled three times.
    This problem happens on 3 different devices Galaxy S3 mini.

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

@Raul Calligaris -

Hi,
    Some mobile operators across the world block Viber on their 3G network. Usually this happens when users have a "simple" data plan (or a prepaid contract), meaning they didn't pay extra for using VoIP on their 3G network.

In order to verify this, we recommend to contact your cell company and confirm this with them.

* However, please note that Viber does not officially support your device yet, and that may be the reason for the problems you are experiencing. Here is the full list of officially supported devices: Is your Android supported with Viber (system requirements)?
    We are continuously working to adapt Viber to more and more devices, and we hope to make your device fully compatible soon. When we have news, we'll let you know.

hi, Im having a problem with viber application im using samsung galaxy s3, everytime I access it it shows "application block", I try to check it on the phone settings, and found nothing to block the application, I tried to re install the program, but everything is the same

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by omga_supreme View Post
    hi, Im having a problem with viber application im using samsung galaxy s3, everytime I access it it shows "application block", I try to check it on the phone settings, and found nothing to block the application, I tried to re install the program, but everything is the same
    Hi,
    Are you sure this isn't some 3rd-party application that causes this?

We (Viber) did not add any feature of Viber itself that could cause this.

Default Viber problen on S3

I have Problem With Viber I did Reinstall It But Still Same Issue Just massage say:
    viber service is currently unavailable or being blocked!!!
    Please help to fix it
    thanks

hey dear i have installed viber on my s3 working successfully but when i call somebody my voice reaches them after 4or 5 sec why this problem occured can you help me with this issue .........

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

@MI MI1 -

Hi,
    It could be that the network you are connected to is blocking Viber's traffic.

1. First, please try uninstalling and reinstalling Viber when connecting to a few different WiFi networks (in order to pinpoint the source of the problem). What are the results?
    2. Also, please make sure the following ports are enabled ("forwarded") on your routers or firewalls:
    TCP: 5242 + 4244
    UDP: 5243 + 9785

(if you are not sure how to enable ports, you may contact your router manufacturer or your Internet Service Provider)

* If it still fails, please specify what country you're located in, and which cellular network you're subscribed to.

@balajirangdal -

Hi,
    This could be a problem with the network connection that either side is connected to.
    Please test Viber when switching between a few different WiFi networks. Does the problem persist in all of them?

Hi,
    Can anyone hlep me how to access the settings for viber in samsung galaxy s3? I want to remove or deactivate the vibrate function in my viber
    for incoming message or call.

I tried to deactivate the vibrate function in my s3 settings but nothing happens. So I thought there is a separate settings for viber but I can not find it
    in my phone. My phone by the way is Samsung S3 model SC-03E from Docomo Japan.

Thanks. Your respond is higly appreciated

hey can anyone tell me why i receive a box instead of smileys on my viber , specificaly sent from iphone to my samsung s3????????????
    please

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

@Ronald Allan Briones -

Hi,
    Viber's settings are located in More tab --> Settings

However, Viber does not yet offer an option to disable its vibration. Currently, Viber utilizes your phone's main settings for volume and vibration, so if you want to change anything in Viber, you should change the settings of your phone itself. In the future, we plan to add settings that are specific only to Viber, and when we have about this we will publish it officially.

@nyb zfr shhzd -

Hi,
    First, please make sure that both Viber users have the latest version of Viber installed.
    Now, make sure that the person who sent you the message sent a Viber smiley/emoticon, and not a custom emoticon from a third-party application.

Hello. I live in Pakistan. Everyone uses viber here and I'm a long time viber user. I'm using Samsung galaxy s3 android phone. I, yesterday accidentally deleted my viber and then reinstalled it. Sent myself the activation code but i recieved an invalid code. I recieved the call but even that code didn't work. I reinstalled viber but still received that same code that viber claims it to be an invalid code. Now i don't recieve any text or call by viber. Is there any way or time that viber renews it's activation code? I need to use viber urgently as i recieve important calls through it. It'll be great if you help. Thank you.

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Benablossom View Post
    Hello. I live in Pakistan. Everyone uses viber here and I'm a long time viber user. I'm using Samsung galaxy s3 android phone. I, yesterday accidentally deleted my viber and then reinstalled it. Sent myself the activation code but i recieved an invalid code. I recieved the call but even that code didn't work. I reinstalled viber but still received that same code that viber claims it to be an invalid code. Now i don't recieve any text or call by viber. Is there any way or time that viber renews it's activation code? I need to use viber urgently as i recieve important calls through it. It'll be great if you help. Thank you.
    We've replied to you in the other thread.

Hello,
    I have problem on my SGS3 with original ROM 4.1.2
    it causes to crash and restart my phone specially when i want to upload pictures with viber.
    somebody please help me, uninstalled and reinstalled Viber many times, but problem still exist.

Thank You.

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ehsanonline View Post
    Hello,
    I have problem on my SGS3 with original ROM 4.1.2
    it causes to crash and restart my phone specially when i want to upload pictures with viber.
    somebody please help me, uninstalled and reinstalled Viber many times, but problem still exist.

Thank You.
    Hi,
    Thank you for the report of the problem.

We would appreciate if you could take a minute and report the details to our support team using this direct link: Your ticket details (when you submit the ticket, please make sure to add the URL of our conversation). With this information, our development team will hopefully be able to find the source of the problem, and ultimately resolve it.

Thanks in advance
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast