Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Back up S3 with broken touch screen?

Hi, my Galaxy S3 recently broke and the LED/digitizer screen cracked, meaning the phone works but the touch screen doesn't. Basically the screen is black and the touch screen is unresponsive, but I know that the rest of the phone still works fine. I got a replacement phone, but I want to back up all the pictures, videos, contacts, etc. from my old phone.

I have tried connecting the phone to my computer but it connects as a camera which comes up as empty. I tried downloading Kies but when I try to connect it, it keeps "pending" and just never connects, probably because of a setting in my phone that I can't change because of the broken screen. I tried downloading MyPhoneExplorer and I can't connect it using any of the three ways, Wifi, Bluetooth, or USB cable, because of settings in my phone that I can't change.

Is there any other way I can back up everything from my phone without actually having to change any settings or do anything on my phone besides plug it into my computer?

Default Re: Back up S3 with broken touch screen?

The only other thing I can think of to try is to go to a carrier store and see if they can do anything. I know that Sprint will copy your data from your old phone to a new one when you upgrade, but don't know if they can do it with a non-functioning screen. Good luck.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.

I have the very exact same problem... help

Try connecting through Kies.

SAMSUNG KIES
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.