1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Notifications not working

I've had a Samsung Galaxy S3 and none of my message notifications/vibrations work. Have changed my settings but still not working. If i go into contacts and change the notification sound it works fine but if anybody texts nothing happens. I probably haven't switched something on! Help!

Default Re: Notifications not working

Where have you tried to change the settings? In Android, there are default settings in the Settings Menu (under Sound, and under Display for the LED), but every app can have it's own settings, too. So make sure you got everything set the way you want it in the Phone's settings menu and in the messaging app's settings.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

Hi, I thought I'd post here as the title is appropriate. When I receive a voice mail, the voice mail icon will appear for 1 second, and then disappear. This has been happening for at least 1 week as people have been complaining about my not responding to them. I performed a test of text messaging, and noticed that the notification icon does not appear at all any more. All of this worked prior to last week, and now - gone.

I spent over an hour on the phone with ATT to troubleshoot using standard reboot, battery removal, ATT Messages uninstall/reinstall, etc. Nothing worked. Now they are telling me to visit an ATT store, and they will put my SIM into another S3 to see if it is the service, or if it is the phone. If phone, they want to reset back to factory settings, and I'd rather avoid that.

I have 4.1.1, baseband version I747UCDLK3 (if it helps). I've uninstalled useless programs among other things, but nothing seems to be working. I even started to look into 4.1.2, but I'm not patient enough to go through that on my own.

Any pointers, suggestions, help is welcome. Thanks...

What do you mean by uninstalled useless programs? Are you talking about 3rd part apps that you installed, or do you mean you're rooted and uninstalled AT&T's bloatware? If the latter, I'd suspect you deleted something you shouldn't have.

What, if any, changes did you make last week, before these things stopped working? Install any new apps? Change any configuration options? Anything else?
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

If your notifications for messaging app is on and that is not an issue, sometimes other messaging apps become default app for opening messages. Example: ATT messaging, viber, whats app etc. If any of their notifications is disabled and it is a default app for your messaging then you will not get notifications until you enable them. BTW, you will not be able to uninstall ATT messaging unless you root your device.

i have a problem on my bbm on Samsung s3.
    i put all settings sound on in the menu and also in the bbm setting and all the sound is on and its works,but just the bbm sound didnt works when i get bbm message.

Angry Re: Notifications not working

I have the same issue on my Note 3. I get all my notifications EXCEPT bbm. I have checked all my settings on the phone and in the app. I have restarted the phone. BBM will not make any noises!

go to android phones settings/applications/bbm and check the box "show notification"...have no idea why android turns it of after installing

it seems that alot of jelly bean 4.2 and up have the same stupid issue...Android disables the core notification setting after installing which is ****in retarded

2 long *** days to figure it out...spread the word cause you werent alone