1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What do i do now??

OK I am new to the world of Android. I have a Samsung Galaxy 3 that after a little trial and error i rooted the phone and flashed Cyanogenmod 10.0.0. I am very proud of these two accomplishments thus far. I love the custom ROM ability of android. but my question is this. What do i do now? , and furthermore anyone got any suggestions on a good reference source i can use to stay up on the latest news?

Default Re: What do i do now??

My suggestion would be to start reading these forums, and AC blog entries, especially the rooting forum for your device / carrier? See what other people are saying and doing. I've learned most of what I know about Android and rooting / ROMs just from reading on this site. You'll find threads about what rooting will let you do, and apps you can use only while rooted. There is a wealth of information here for the taking.

If the latest news you're looking for is Android news, this is the place. Not just the forums, but the main Android Central page, too.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the information, It looks like I made the right decision to sign up here. I plan on doing all the things you suggested.

Look at other ROMs with other features, most people just flash cm because it's the only one they have heard of. So it's time to look at others and see what you like

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens
    Thanked by:

Are you looking for some apps to install? What kind?
    Thanked by:

If you want the latest news, listen to the android app addicts podcast, as well as the all about android podcast

One talks about ROMs and apps, the other talks about the latest news and apps of the week

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

Well for news I tend to stick with this site and androidauthority.com. If you ever get into the mood of trying a different ROM head over xda.com and make an account. You'll have a lot of reading to do though.
    Did I help you at all? Return the favor by giving me a "thanks"
    LG Rumor -> LG Rumor Touch -> LG Optimus S (Cyanogenmod 7.2 on 2.3.5) -> Samsung Galaxy S3 (MK3 Barebones on 4.3) -> LG Nexus 5 (Carbon Nightlies on 4.4.2)
    Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Thanks for all the information, I think it will all be very useful